WBB: Baylor 68, Kansas State 87

Hild, Shelby Shelby_Hild at baylor.edu
Wed Feb 15 20:47:03 CST 2023

MEDIA ALERT: We will hold a media availability TOMORROW (Thursday, Feb. 15) at approximately 5:15 p.m. in the media room at the Ferrell Center.

Additionally, you’re all invited to attend our Play4Kay basketball clinic that begins at 6:30 p.m. We’re expecting close to 100 kids! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Game book attached.

Baylor (16-9, 7-6 Big 12) 68, Kansas State (15-11, 4-9 Big 12) 87
Manhattan, Kan. (Bramlage Coliseum)
Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2023

  *   The Baylor women’s basketball team suffered the 87-68 setback at Kansas State on Wednesday night inside the Bramlage Coliseum.
  *   Graduate Ja’Mee Asberry led the Bears offensively, posting a season-high 21 points in her first 20-plus point game of the year and 22nd in her career. She fell a 3-pointer shy of matching a career-high in the category, connecting on a team-best five from range.
  *   Asberry added a game- and career-high six steals to her stat line.
  *   Darianna Littlepage-Buggs added 16 points off the bench, reaching double figures for the fifth time in six outings. She went a team-best 6-for-9 from the charity stripe, matching a career high with six-made free throws.
  *   Littlepage-Buggs grabbed a team-high eight rebounds, while Jaden Owens and Sarah Andrews each dished out a team-leading five assists in the effort.
  *   Freshman Kyla Abraham logged a career-high 13 minutes in her second-straight game off the bench. Every player who was available for the Bears tonight saw the court.
  *   The last time the Bears lost three-consecutive games was during the 2007-08 season, and the last time BU dropped three-straight games against league opponents during the regular season was in the 2000-01 campaign.

--
Shelby Hild | Director of Communications (WBB, WTEN)