Baylor MT Signs Devin Badenhorst

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Tue Mar 14 16:34:24 CDT 2023

Baylor MT Signs Devin Badenhorst
Twenty-third ranked juniors player joins Bears for 2023-2024 season
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle; 940-564-0351, colin_pirtle1 at baylor.edu<mailto:colin_pirtle1 at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor men’s tennis added Devin Badenhorst to the 2023 signing class, head coach Michael Woodson announced on Tuesday. Badenhorst comes to American from Pretoria, South Africa.

“We are elated to be adding Devin to our young and talented 2023-2024 roster,” said Woodson. “It was very clear from early on in the recruiting process that Devin would be a great fit for our university and tennis program. He is a very bright young man with a strong upbringing that values work ethic, discipline and strong relationships. His upside is very clear, given his great success on the ITF Junior Circuit as well as his imposing frame. That being said, what excites us the most is how well he will fit in with the other members of the team and how much of a positive impact he can have as part of our tennis family during his time here at Baylor.”

Badenhorst boasts a current Universal Tennis Rating of 12.87 and was the highest-ranked South African juniors player in his age bracket.

He went as high as No. 23 in the ITF juniors rankings with nine singles titles and six titles in doubles, two while partnered with current Bear Luc Koenig.

The South African represented his country at the Davis Cup in February and already has career-high ATP marks of No. 1505 in singles and No. 1527 in doubles.

“We can’t wait to get started with him here in Waco soon,” said Woodson.

For the latest news on the Baylor men's tennis team all year long, follow its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorMTennis.

- BaylorBears.com -

Colin Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (T&F, XC, MTEN)