Baylor WT Heads to Arizona for Pair of Matches

Hild, Shelby Shelby_Hild at baylor.edu
Fri Mar 3 15:13:53 CST 2023

Baylor WT Heads to Arizona for Pair of Matches
The Bears are set to face No. 25 Arizona State, Grand Canyon on Saturday

For more information contact: Shelby Hild; 254-405-7591, Shelby_hild at baylor.edu<mailto:Shelby_hild at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – The Baylor women’s tennis team heads west to open the month of March, traveling to No. 25 Arizona State and Grand Canyon for a pair of matches on Saturday.

The Bears and the Sun Devils will square off at 1 p.m. CT, before Baylor takes on the Lopes at 6:30 p.m. CT.

“Every practice and every match is a part of the process and journey for us,” head coach Joey Scrivano said. “This weekend in Arizona will give us an opportunity to perform under pressure against two really good opponents. The keys for us are to keep improving our perspective, our response to adversity and focusing on our love of the game.”

Last weekend against nationally-ranked Washington, Isabella Harvison, who is currently sitting at No. 94 in the ITA rankings, picked up her team-leading eighth singles win of the year. Alina Shcherbinina, who has a 6-3 record at the No. 1 singles position, is also mentioned in the ITA rankings, checking in at No. 109.

Arizona State is 8-2 overall and a perfect 8-0 at home. Four Sun Devils are listed in the ITA rankings, while doubles partners Patricija Spaka and Domenika Turkovic are No. 14 in the country.  After dropping its first five to start the year, Grand Canyon enters Saturday’s contest on a four-match win streak.

- BaylorBears<http://www.BaylorBears>.com -

--
Shelby Hild | Director of Communications (WBB, WTEN)