No. 24 Baylor WGOLF Resumes Spring Slate at Collegiate Invitational

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Sat Feb 4 16:01:02 CST 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Feb. 4, 2023

No. 24 Baylor WGOLF Resumes Spring Slate at Collegiate Invitational
BU will compete in the first of three February tournaments on Sunday
For more information contact: Matt Roberts, 254-227-2280, WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu<mailto:WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu>

GUADALAJARA, Mexico – Baylor women's golf will be back in action beginning Sunday when they open play at the Collegiate Invitational at Guadalajara Country Club.

BU is coming off a third-place finish at the one-day Match in the Desert and aims to build on that as they ramp things up with three tournaments in February.

“Guadalajara Country Club is one of my favorite courses we play all year,” head coach Jay Goble said. “I love the challenge for our team, and it’s the start of a stretch where we will play a lot of golf on challenging courses against the best competition in the sport.”

Rosie Belsham will return to the No. 1 spot for a third time this season. Five of Belsham’s 10 rounds this season have been played at par or better.

Anika Veintemilla will play at No. 2 this week, the highest lineup position of her career. It will be her first start in the lineup this season and the first start since the Battle at the Beach, where she recorded a career-best tie for ninth.

Britta Snyder will look to keep things rolling out of the No. 3 position. The last time we saw Snyder, she shot a bogey-free 67 at the Match in the Desert, her best round since 2021.

Silje Ohma will take her spot at No. 4 in the lineup this week. Like Snyder, the freshman fired a 67 at the Match in the Desert and sits second on the team with 35 birdies this season.

Hannah Karg rounds out the lineup at No. 5. The senior shot an even-par 72 in her return to the lineup at the Match in the Desert. She won the MCC River Classic last fall.

The tournament will begin on Sunday morning with 27 holes, followed by 27 more holes to close out the event on Monday morning.

BU will be grouped with Georgia and North Carolina State in round one and play off the No. 1 tee beginning at 9:39 a.m. CT with Hannah Karg. Ohma will follow at 9:48 a.m., just ahead of Snyder at 9:57 a.m. Veintemilla will go at 10:06 a.m., with Belsham taking the anchor position at 10:15. Stats and live scoring is available at Golfstat.com.<https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=26519>

For more information on Baylor Women’s Golf, follow @BaylorWGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

—BaylorBears.com—

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications (MBB/MGOLF/ WGOLF/)