Baylor MT Readies for ITA All-American Championships

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Fri Sep 30 16:45:52 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Sept. 30, 2022

Baylor MT Readies for ITA All-American Championships
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle, 940-564-0351, Colin_Pirtle1 at Baylor.edu

WACO, Texas – Baylor men’s tennis makes its way to Tulsa, Okla., this weekend for the ITA All-American Championships at the University of Tulsa’s Case Tennis Center.

“We are excited to travel with the majority of our team to ITA All-Americans this year,” said head coach Michael Woodson. “As one of the few premier collegiate events on the calendar, it offers each of our players the opportunity to prove themselves as one of the elite players in Division I tennis. I’m excited to see how our guys fare individually and as a team as they are ready for battle.”

Play begins Saturday with the pre-qualifying draw, with selections based on preseason national rankings and a player’s universal tennis ranking. The draw of 256 will showcase Ethan Muza, Marko Miladinović, Christopher Frantzen and Justin Braverman. By the time play wraps up on Sunday, the top 16 players will move to the qualifying bracket.

The qualifying bracket commences on Monday, featuring a draw of 128 student-athletes. Bears Zsombor Velcz, Martin Breysach, Finn Bass and Juan Pablo Grassi Mazzuchi earned a spot in the draw based upon preseason national rankings.

The main draw begins on Wednesday and runs through Sunday, showcasing 64 (48 auto bids and 16 qualifiers). Tadeas Paroulek already secured a spot in the mix by his preseason national ranking.

At the same time, doubles play will follow the same schedule with the qualifying and main draws. Bass and Grassi Mazzuchi have their name entered into the main draw, while two duos of Velcz/Paroulek and Muza/Miladinović will battle in the qualifiers. The main draw will take the top eight pairs from the qualifying bracket.

All event information, including up-to-date draw and results, can be found on the ITA website<https://www.wearecollegetennis.com/events/ita-all-american-championships/>.

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor men’s tennis, follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @BaylorMTennis.

Colin Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (T&F, XC, MTEN, interim WBB)