Baylor XC: Day Finishes Top-10 at Gans Creek Classic

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Fri Sep 30 14:22:18 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Sept. 30, 2022

Baylor XC: Day Finishes Top-10 at Gans Creek Classic
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle, 940-564-0351, Colin_Pirtle1 at Baylor.edu

COLUMBIA, Mo. – Baylor cross country finished the Gans Creek Classic on Friday morning with the men’s team in 13th place and the women’s in eighth.

“I was very pleased with both the men’s and women’s races,” said head cross country coach David Barnett. “We talked before the race of taking the next step this weekend, and I felt like both teams made progress and are starting to turn the corner.”

Ryan Day led the Bears with an impressive ninth-place finish after running a 23:51.4 8k race. Drew Snyder and Ryan Hodge finished 47th and 60th, respectively, and both crossed the finish line in the 25th minute. Ethan Wrase (177th) and Devin Duran (197th) carried up the end of the pack for the Bears.

The women’s 6k race was highlighted by a 34-second spread between Baylor’s five runners. Leading the pack for the Bears was Ellie Hodge, finishing 31st in 21:16.0. Following Hodge was Cate Urbani in 47th, Sophia Leidner in 50th, Hayden Gold in 63rd and Taylor Whitfield in 67th, all finishing in the 22nd minute.

“The top three men are competing well, and for the women to have a 34-second spread from runner No. 1 to No. 5 is very encouraging,” said Barnett. “We will rest up tomorrow and get back to work Sunday as we prepare for our next competition at Texas A&M.”

A full breakdown of splits and results can be found online<https://live.pttiming.com/XC-PTT.html?mid=5218>.

UP NEXT

Baylor cross country makes the short trip to Bryan-College Station to join the Aggies in the Arturo Barrios Invitational, held on Oct. 15th.

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor cross country, follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @BaylorTrack.

Colin Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (T&F, XC, MTEN, interim WBB)