Baylor WBB Inks Letycia Vasconcelos on National Signing Day

Hild, Shelby Shelby_Hild at baylor.edu
Wed Nov 9 12:51:32 CST 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Nov. 9, 2022

Baylor WBB Inks Letycia Vasconcelos on National Signing Day
Post player is ranked No. 6 in her position, No. 36 overall by ESPN HoopGurlz

For more information contact: Shelby Hild; 254-405-7591, shelby_hild at baylor.edu<mailto:shelby_hild at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor women’s basketball inked Letycia Vasconcelos to a National Letter of Intent on Wednesday, head coach Nicki Collen announced.

Vasconcelos is a 6-foot-7 post player out of Brazil and currently attends Montverde Academy in Montverde, Florida. She is ranked No. 6 in her position and No. 36 overall in the 2023 class by ESPN HoopGurlz.

A three-time member of the Brazilian national team, Vasconcelos won a South American Championship in 2020 with Brazil and a Geico National Championship with Montverde Academy in April.

“We are so excited to welcome Letycia and her family to the Baylor family,” Collen said. “Lety will provide us obvious rim protection on the defensive end, however, her ability to run, catch and finish is equally important as we continue to shape our roster. She has good touch and feel around the basket and can consistently knock down the perimeter jumper.

“Off the court, she is a fantastic student with an engaging personality who will fit into the culture we are continuing to build. Lety has been a priority for our staff since we arrived at Baylor, and I want to thank Tari Cummings for doing a great job leading our efforts to make her a Bear!”

- BaylorBears<http://www.BaylorBears>.com -

--
Shelby Hild | Director of Communications (WBB, WTEN)