Baylor MGOLF Inks Ovard on National Signing Day

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Wed Nov 9 10:33:32 CST 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Nov. 9, 2022

Baylor MGOLF Inks Ovard on National Signing Day
Frisco native set to join the Bears for 2023-24
For more information contact: Matt Roberts, 254-227-2280, WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu<mailto:WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor men’s golf has signed Davis Ovard, head coach Mike McGraw announced Wednesday.

With five current players from the state of Texas, head coach Mike McGraw is happy to add another talented player from the Lone Star State.

"I've been watching Davis for a few years, and I really like his game and how it continues to trend upward,” McGraw said. “He is the latest in a long line of Texans that we have been able to recruit to Baylor, so I am really excited to add him to this roster. He competes as hard as anyone, but keeps his composure on the golf course, regardless of circumstance.”

The Frisco, Texas native, is currently ranked 106th in the Rolex AJGA Rankings on the strength of three top-10 finishes this year. His most recent top-10 was a tie for 8th at the Under Armor Jordan Spieth Championship in July, highlighted by a final-round 67. His best AJGA finish came last December in the Dominican Junior Open, where he finished second with two rounds at par or better. In March, he also finished fifth at the KJ Choi Foundation Championship in Fort Worth.

The two-time Northern Texas PGA State Champion also played on the Legends Junior Tour, winning the Winter Classic in January of 2021 by a shot over Ethan Parker. A seven-time participant in the US Kids Golf World Championships, Ovard has been playing competitive golf since the age of five.

The current Bears finished the fall with a win in the Bear Brawl and will return to action in February 2023 at the Border Olympics in Laredo. For more information on Baylor Men’s Golf, follow @BaylorMGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

—BaylorBears.com—

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications (MBB/MGOLF/ WGOLF/)