Baylor Softball Falls in Conference Opener to No.1 Oklahoma

Gilmore, Katy Katy_Gilmore at baylor.edu
Fri Mar 25 21:29:06 CDT 2022

Baylor Softball Falls in Conference Opener to No.1 Oklahoma
Bears had a base runner in all but one inning
For more information contact: Katy Gilmore, 254-252-2182, katy_gilmore at baylor.edu<mailto:katy_gilmore at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
NORMAN, Oklahoma – Baylor softball fell Friday night in its Big 12 opener against No.1 Oklahoma, 9-1, at Marita Hynes Field in Norman, Oklahoma.

The Bears got on the board first, when McKenzie Wilson led off the top of the first with a single to left, moved over to third on a couple of groundouts and scored on a wild pitch.

Two Oklahoma homers plated three in the bottom of the first for the Sooners as they took the 3-1 lead.

In the top of the third, Taylor Strain recorded the Bears’ second hit of the night, a double to right field.

A grand slam for the Sooners plated four in the bottom of the third before a solo run in the fourth closed the deal for the 9-1 run-rule victory.

The Bears had a base-runner in all but one inning in Friday’s series opener.

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   McKenzie Wilson and Taylor Strain each recorded a hit
  *   Strain hit her fifth double of the season
  *   The Bears are the first team to score against the Sooners in the first inning of a game this season
  *   Ana Watson recorded the only walk of the night
  *   The Bears had a baserunner in all but one inning
TOP QUOTES
Glenn Moore on the game…
“Hard to find the positives but we have to. We will look at things we did well and the things we can improve on. I said before they have no obvious weakness’s so we have to play at higher level tomorrow”.

- BaylorBears.com -

Katy Gilmore | Associate Director of Athletic Communications

[cidimage002.png at 01D79F3C.9D2300D0]<http://baylorbears.com/>