Baylor Softball Defeats McNeese State, 5-2

Gilmore, Katy Katy_Gilmore at baylor.edu
Fri Mar 18 21:44:05 CDT 2022

Baylor Softball Defeats McNeese State, 5-2
Watson Backs Orme’s Pitching with Two-Run Double
For more information contact: Katy Gilmore, 254-252-2182, katy_gilmore at baylor.edu<mailto:katy_gilmore at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
WACO, Texas – Baylor softball took down McNeese State Friday night, defeating the Cowgirls, 5-2, at Getterman Stadium.

BU scored first in the contest, plating four in the bottom of the third inning. With one out, McKenzie Wilson used her speed to reach base on a well-hit ball to the first baseman. Two errors from McNeese State plated two runs in the inning, then Ana Watson brought home two more Bears with a two-out double.

Starting pitcher Dariana Orme had a three-up, three-down inning three times and allowed just one earned run while striking out five in going the distance.

The Cowgirls capitalized on a Baylor error in the top of the fourth, scoring their only two runs of the night.

Baylor got a run back in the bottom of the fourth, with Emry McDonough reaching base on an error and coming around to score on fellow freshman Taylor Strain’s two-out single up the middle.

All of the Bears provided quality at-bats, with not a single player striking out against the Cowgirls. Watson came up big in the win, going 2-for-3 at the plate with two doubles and two RBI.

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   Five Bears recorded hits in the matchup
  *   Watson recorded her third and fourth doubles of the season, her fourth multi-hit game this season
  *   Orme picked up her fifth win of the season
  *   Bears improve to 27-7 all-time against McNeese State
  *   The Bears didn’t strike out once against the Cowgirls

TOP QUOTES
Glenn Moore on the game…
“I’m very pleased with the overall play today. The difference in this game was that we were able to capitalize on a few mistakes. We’ve been on other side of games like this several times this year.”

- BaylorBears.com -

Katy Gilmore | Associate Director of Athletic Communications

[cidimage002.png at 01D79F3C.9D2300D0]<http://baylorbears.com/>