Baylor T&F Signs Keviah Ealy to 2022 Class

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Thu Jul 14 13:58:57 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – July 14, 2022

Baylor T&F Signs Keviah Ealy to 2022 Class
Jacksonville transfer finished All-ASUN indoor in long jump
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle, 940-564-0351, Colin_Pirtle1 at Baylor.edu

WACO, Texas – Baylor track and field signed Keviah Ealy to the 2022 class, head coach Michael Ford announced on Thursday. Ealy comes back to Texas from spending her freshman season at Jacksonville University in Florida.

A native of Rockwall, Texas, Ealy won the 2018 Texas Amateur Athletic Federation Summer Games title in the long jump at the age of 14, setting a new state record for her age group with an 18-5 jump. She also won the 2021 6A girls long jump title her senior year at Rockwall High School.

“We’re excited to have Keviah join our Baylor family and the jumps crew,” said associate women’s coach Stacey Smith, who works with the jumpers. “She will bring depth to the jumps, helping us in both the long and high jump. We’re glad to have Keviah back in Texas and are looking forward to a great season.”

Competing in only the indoor portion of the 2022 season, Ealy finished sixth at the ASUN Indoor Championships in the long jump at 18-9. Her collegiate-best in the event was set at the USC Indoor Open in February, where she tabbed a 19-2 ¾.

Ealy joins a Bears’ jump event squad that saw all four members at the NCAA Championships in Eugene, Oregon. Caira Pettway finished the meet with All-America honors in the long jump.

For the latest news on the Baylor track and field team all year long, follow its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorTrack.

Colin Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (T&F, XC, MTEN)