SOC Drops Regular Season Finale at Oklahoma, 2-0

Gilmore, Katy Katy_Gilmore at baylor.edu
Thu Oct 28 22:50:51 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – October 28, 2021

SOC Drops Regular Season Finale at Oklahoma, 2-0
Bears head to Big 12 conference tournament next
For more information contact: Katy Gilmore, 254-252-2182, katy_gilmore at baylor.edu<mailto:katy_gilmore at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
NORMAN, Oklahoma – Baylor fell to Oklahoma tonight 2-0 after giving up two goals in the first half and holding them scoreless in the second.

The Bears allowed goals in the 11th and 15th minute of the first half, one goal coming on a penalty kick. Baylor recorded two shots on goal in the first half on looks from Gabby Mueller and Mackenzie Anthony.

Coming out strong in the second half, the Bears didn’t allow a goal while putting up 10 shots to the Sooners seven. Ava Colberg and Elizabeth Kooiman each took chances in the first six minutes of the second half to try and get things going offensively. Baylor recorded three shots on goal in the second half the closest chances coming on back-to-back shots from Lorelai Stramrood and Ally Henderson-Ashkinos.

Gabby Mueller led the Bears offensively tonight with two of three shots on goal, followed by Mackenzie Anthony who also took three chances. Six Baylor starters played all 90 minutes of the game.

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   Gabby Mueller’s two shots on goal sets a season high for her
  *   Lorelai Stramrood played her 32 minutes, her first since Kansas on 10/7
  *   Six Baylor starters played all 90 minutes

STAT OF THE GAME
75 – The number of scoreless minutes after the Sooners first two goals

TOP QUOTES
Paul Jobson on going to overtime…
“Credit to OU. They executed their game plan really well. I thought our second half was better than our first but we needed more from the first half to really be in the match.”

Katy Gilmore | Associate Director of Athletic Communications

[cidimage002.png at 01D79F3C.9D2300D0]<http://baylorbears.com/>