SOC Records Double Overtime Draw with Kansas State, 0-0

Gilmore, Katy Katy_Gilmore at baylor.edu
Sun Oct 10 17:19:26 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – October 10, 2021

SOC Records Double Overtime Draw with Kansas State, 0-0
Baylor records a season high 13 shots on goal
For more information contact: Katy Gilmore, 254-252-2182, katy_gilmore at baylor.edu<mailto:katy_gilmore at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
MANHATTAN, Kansas – In a game where both teams battled to the end, No. 23 Baylor ended in a double overtime draw with Kansas State.

Baylor controlled the ball for majority of the first half holding Kansas State to just one shot of target. The Bears put up 11 shots in the first half with eight of them being on goal. Taylor Moon, who led the Bears in shots for the game with eight, put up four in the first half.

The second half got off to a hot start with two Baylor corner kicks and a shot by Mackenzie Anthony in the 56th minute of the game. The Kansas State goalkeeper and the Kansas State defense played their part in the draw today recording 13 saves on our 13 shots on goal. Moon recorded a shot in the 87th minute to try and put this one away but it the ball went out right.

The Bears got the ball to start the first overtime and tried to capitalize on a corner kick in the 93rd minute. Kansas State was able to get one shot off in the first 10-minute overtime but the shot was off target.

Baylor, not wanting to put this one away easily, recorded three shots from Moon and Anthony in the second overtime but weren’t able to find the net.

Jennifer Wandt and the Baylor back line shut down the Kansas State offense tonight allowing them eight shots with only two on goal.

This is the third double overtime draw for the Bears this season.

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   Taylor Moons led the team with eight shots, a season high for her
  *   Third double overtime draw this season
  *   Baylor records a season high 13 shots on goal
  *   Baylor records a season high eight corner kicks
  *   Mackenzie Anthony tallied a season high six shots and three shots on goal

STAT OF THE GAME
13 – The number of shots on goal the Bears had, the highest this season

TOP QUOTES
Paul Jobson on the game…
“The game of soccer can be really frustrating at times but we can be really proud of our body of work today as a team. A lot of credit goes to KSU’s defensive unit and GK for holding our offense at bay.”

Katy Gilmore | Associate Director of Athletic Communications

[cidimage002.png at 01D79F3C.9D2300D0]<http://baylorbears.com/>