Baylor WT Wraps Up Day Two of SMU’s Red & Blue Challenge

Pirtle, Krista Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu
Sat Oct 9 19:02:52 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Oct. 9, 2021

WT Wraps Up Day Two of SMU’s Red & Blue Challenge
For more information contact: Krista Pirtle, 254-447-8610, Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu<mailto:Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
DALLAS, Texas – Baylor women’s tennis completed its second day at SMU’s Red & Blue Challenge in Dallas on Saturday.

Brooke Thompson picked up a win in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2. The win marked the third of her career. Ana Carmen Zamburek fell, 6-3, 7-5, to Claudia Bartolome from SMU. Olivia Malm dropped a 7-5, 6-4 match to Destinee Martins from Tyler Junior College.

In doubles action, both Baylor tandems battled in their respective matches to start the day. The duo of Zamburek and Malm fell, 7-5, to Texas Tech’s Kailey Evans and Avelina Sayfetdinova. Thompson and Hannah Pinto dropped a 7-6(4) match to Mia Larrain and Nastasya Semenovski from Wisconsin.

Sunday is slated to feature three singles matches for the Bears as they wrap up the Red & Blue Challenge at SMU. Thompson will begin her match at 9 a.m., while Malm and Zamburek will start an hour later.

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   Brooke Thompson now has a 3-2 record in singles play.
  *   Olivia Malm is now 4-2 in singles play in her career.

TOP QUOTES
Joey Scrivano on the day…
“The ladies battled hard today. Every match came down to a few points here and there. We definitely got distracted and played tentative when we really needed to be focused. I’m sure we will learn from it and I’m excited to see how we respond tomorrow.”

www.BaylorBears.com

Krista Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications

[signature_1415018582]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>