No. 8 Baylor EQ Begins Big 12 Play vs. No. 4 Oklahoma State

Calderone, Max Max_Calderone at baylor.edu
Thu Oct 7 12:25:46 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – October 7, 2021

No. 8 EQ Begins Big 12 Play vs. No. 4 Oklahoma State
Bears host Cowgirls for 2021-22 home opener

WACO, Texas – No. 8 Baylor equestrian (1-0) begins Big 12 Conference action against No. 4 Oklahoma State (0-0) on Friday at the Willis Family Equestrian Center in Waco, with first ride set for 1 p.m. CT.

The Bears are coming off a season-opening 13-6 victory at No. 10 UT Martin in which they swept all four individual events for the fifth time in the last three seasons. Senior Caroline Fuller and junior Elsie Naruszewicz were named NCEA National Riders of the Month in Fences and Horsemanship, respectively, following their efforts against the Skyhawks.

Under fourth-year head coach Casie Maxwell, BU is 15-5 all-time at home, including a 6-3 regular-season record against Big 12 opponents.

“Just knowing that we’re going to be able to have the gates open and be able to share the success of the team publicly is a huge help for our team,” Maxwell said. “Our athletes need that. They like feeling the support of not only their parents, but fans who follow our sport. It means a lot to them.”

OSU leads the all-time series 29-13 over the Bears, including wins in each of the last five meetings. The Cowgirls will be making their 2021-22 season debut at Baylor on Friday.

Live scoring will be available on BaylorBears.com.<https://baylorbears.com/sports/2018/5/16/sports-w-equest-live-scoring.aspx>

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor equestrian, follow the team on its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorEQ.

Max Calderone | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (BSB, FB, EQ)