Baylor A&T: No. 2 A&T Dominates East Texas Baptist

Rhodes, Zach Zach_Rhodes at baylor.edu
Thu Apr 1 22:14:48 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – April 1, 2021

No. 2 A&T Dominates East Texas Baptist

The Bears cruised to the 275.200-209.150 road victory

For more information contact: 919-247-7585, Zach_Rhodes at baylor.edu

MARSHALL, Texas — The No. 2-ranked Baylor acrobatics and tumbling team swept East Texas Baptist University 275.200-209.100 on Thursday in Marshall, Texas, taking every event in dominant fashion. The Bears (3-1) earned their first perfect 10’s of the season in both the compulsory and acro events.

Baylor took an early lead in the compulsory event, leading the event 37.90-32.70. The Bears earned scores of 9.60 in acro, 9.65 in pyramid, 8.65 in tumbling, and their first 10 of the season in the toss heat.

The Bears followed it up by earning their next two perfect scores of the year in the first and third heats of the acro event as Baylor won 29.70-24.45.

Baylor swept the pyramid event 29.45-22.25, earning two 9.95 scores and one 9.55 score. BU took the toss heat 28.45-21.85 as they scored a 9.65 in salto, 9.30 in synchronized, and 9.50 in open.

BU stretched its lead in the tumbling event, taking the 56.050-45.350 victory. The Bears earned a 9.900 in the aerial pass, 9.750 in the open pass, and a 9.600 in the six-element pass.

The Bears continued their dominance with their biggest lead of the night in the team event, earning a 93.65-62.50 victory in the event and finish with the final score of 275.200-209.150.

QUOTE FROM COACH MULKEY
““I like where we are going, but we are not there yet. Our goal is to peak at the right time. We did not peak today. We’ve had so much growth from last meet and still so much room for improvement. Emily Tobin and Riley Chimwala scored a 10 in two acro heats, Tori Harris was back in individual passes and scored a 9.95. Overall a good meet for us but we have much more to do.”

WHAT’S NEXT
The Bears will be back in the Ferrell Center for a rematch against their rival No.1 Oregon on Saturday, April 10 at 5 p.m. CT.
For updates on the program, follow @BaylorAcroTumb on Twitter and Instagram and @BaylorAcrobaticsandTumbling on Facebook.

Zach Rhodes | Associate Director of Athletics Communications
C: 919-247-7585 | O: 254-710-3784