Fwd: Congratulations and Welcome to Waco

Robarts, Kyle Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu
Tue Mar 19 16:32:47 CDT 2019

___________________________________
Kyle Robarts | Associate Director, Athletics Communications (WBB, WTEN)
[X]

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Bennett, Julie" <Julie_Bennett at baylor.edu<mailto:Julie_Bennett at baylor.edu>>
Date: March 18, 2019 at 8:11:50 PM CDT
To: "mc.barrett at berkeley.edu<mailto:mc.barrett at berkeley.edu>" <mc.barrett at berkeley.edu<mailto:mc.barrett at berkeley.edu>>, "mkimmel at unc.edu<mailto:mkimmel at unc.edu>" <mkimmel at unc.edu<mailto:mkimmel at unc.edu>>, "chris.macaluso at acu.edu<mailto:chris.macaluso at acu.edu>" <chris.macaluso at acu.edu<mailto:chris.macaluso at acu.edu>>, "Robarts, Kyle" <Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu<mailto:Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu>>
Cc: Rick Nixon <rnixon at ncaa.org<mailto:rnixon at ncaa.org>>
Subject: Congratulations and Welcome to Waco

Hello all, congratulations on your team’s success this season. We’re looking forward to hosting you this weekend at the First /Second rounds of the 2019 NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Championship in Waco.

My name is Julie Bennett and I’ll serve as the media coordinator this weekend. My email address is Julie_Bennett at baylor.edu<mailto:Julie_Bennett at baylor.edu> and my cell is 254-218-8252. If you need anything please contact myself or Cody Soto at Cody_Soto at baylor.edu<mailto:Cody_Soto at baylor.edu> / 254-4859.

Attached is a pdf of the media information for the Waco tournament, and this is a link to the tournament site (media page) on our official website: baylorbears.com/ncaawaco<http://baylorbears.com/ncaawaco>

<http://baylorbears.com/ncaawaco>

Below are some instructions from the NCAA Participants Manual which covers materials that need to be sent our way (mailing address for guides at bottom).

•         Each sports information contact shall forward the following materials (via e-mail) to the first- and second round host media coordinator (Julie_Bennett at baylor.edu<mailto:Julie_Bennett at baylor.edu> and Cody_Soto at baylor.edu<mailto:Cody_Soto at baylor.edu>) no later than Tuesday, March 19: link to your media guide and postseason guide (if available); MS Word document of roster, including name, position, number, height, class, letters won, hometown, high school; probable starting lineup; game-by-game scores; individual and team statistics, StatCrew .bro file and school logo (both JPG and Vector art file saved as a PDF).

•         Compile the participant media credential list via the NCAA’s online credential system (www.NCAA.com/media<http://www.NCAA.com/media>

[https://www.ncaa.com/modules/custom/casablanca_content/img/meta/share-default-med.jpg]<http://www.ncaa.com/media>

Media Page | NCAA.com<http://www.ncaa.com/media>
www.ncaa.com<http://www.ncaa.com>
The Official Website of the NCAA and part of the Turner Sports & Entertainment Digital Network. The most comprehensive coverage of NCAA Athletics on the web.

). A memo, requesting media to begin online registration on the NCAA’s website and requesting inclusion on an institution’s participant media list, was distributed to all conferences and is available online. Links are provided to the online participant media list registration site, hotel reservation information, parking pass request information and applicable deadline dates. Once complete, electronically submit the media list to the host media coordinator, via the credential system and e-mail the form produced by the credential system to the host media coordinator as a backup record. This must be sent to the host media coordinator by 5 p.m. (CT), Wednesday, March 20.

•         Let me know if you will have a radio crew at the games and what their needs are (ethernet, phone line).

•         Provide the host media coordinator a list of media representatives, including still photographers, who should be provided priority courtside seating and photography box assignments.

•         Forward 35 copies of the team’s regular season media guide and postseason guide to the attention of myself at the site to which your team has been assigned. The materials should be delivered by Wednesday, March 20 to:

Julie Bennett

Baylor University

Ferrell Center

1900 S. University Park Dr.

Waco, TX  76706

The mandatory SID meeting will be at 9 a.m. on Friday in the Whetsel Practice Facility. The Whetsel Practice Facility will serve as the media work room, interview and dining area.

 Thanks and we look forward to working with you this week and weekend. - Julie

Julie Bennett

cell - 254-218-8252