Baylor Track & Field: Lightfoot Earns All-America Honors

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Fri Mar 8 21:53:12 CST 2019

Baylor Track & Field: Lightfoot Earns All-America Honors
Freshman placed eighth in the men’s pole vault.

For more information contact: Kellen Coleman, 254-749-6507, Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu<mailto:Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu>

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - KC Lightfoot earned All-America honors in the pole vault, and Wil London advanced to the finals of the 400 meters as the NCAA Indoor Track & Field Championships opened up Friday at the Birmingham CrossPlex.

Lightfoot, a product of Lee’s Summit, Mo., capped off a tremendous freshman indoor campaign with a jump of 18-5.5 (5.63m) to place eighth in the men’s pole vault and achieve the status of All-American.

“I couldn’t be more proud of the young man,” head coach Todd Harbour said. “He battled. It was probably the best vault competition in a long time at an NCAA meet. Last year, if he would have jumped what he jumped today he would have been second. 5.60 was second last year, so it was an incredible vault competition. Some things happened that were out of the norm so he had to jump a lot of bars. I think he got a little tired there at the end, but he capped off a great season with a great jump tonight and I couldn’t be more proud of him.”

London placed seventh overall in the prelims of the men’s 400 meters after recording a time of 46.87 and will compete Saturday at 5 p.m. CT in the final. The senior from Waco, Texas will also anchor the men’s 4x400-meter relay Saturday night.

Kiana Horton finished 12th in the 400 meters (53.29) and 16th in the 200 meters (23.73). The senior from San Antonio, Texas, will anchor the women’s 4x400-meter relay team Saturday to conclude the indoor season.

“Wil getting in was big,” Harbour said. “Kiana and Wil both drew lane three, and you really have to be on your “A” game to run out of lane three. Wil’s gotta battle tomorrow and get after it.”

Live results Saturday can be found at https://on.ncaa.com/IndoorResults, and the meet can be viewed live on ESPN3.

For continued updates on the Baylor Track & Field team, follow the team's social media accounts all season long: @BaylorTrack.

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

[cid:image001.png at 01D3A0F8.B3ECA3C0]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>