Baylor WGOLF Aims to Continue Upward Swing at the PING/ASU Invitational

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Wed Mar 27 10:22:16 CDT 2024

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS- March 27, 2024

Baylor WGOLF Aims to Continue Upward Swing at the PING/ASU Invitational
BU’s Hasegawa returns to the site of her first collegiate victory
For more information contact: Matt Roberts, 254-227-2280, WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu<mailto:WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu>

PHOENIX, Ariz. – Baylor women’s golf will open play at the PING/ASU Invitational on Thursday morning at Papago Golf Club.

This week marks BU’s seventh appearance in the event. Finishing third a season ago, BU’s best finish was a tie for second in its inaugural appearance in 2015. Sera Hasegawa captured co-medalist honors a season ago with a 10-under 206.

Coming off solid finishes in back-to-back tournaments, head coach Jay Goble looks forward to seeing his team continue the upward trend.

“This is a great event, played on a great course at Papago in Phoenix,” he said. “We have played in it several years in a row, and my team enjoys playing this golf course against a great field. Sera returns as the defending champion, so we plan to build off our finish at Florida State last week and continue to improve going into the postseason.”

At No. 1, Rosie Belsham enters this week riding high after a tie for second at the FSU Matchup. The senior enters the home stretch of her final season, ranked No. 88 in the Scoreboard individual rankings, BU's highest-ranked player.

Hasegawa has returned to her All-American form as of late with strong showings in each of the last three tournaments. The junior will play at No. 2 this week in Phoenix.

Silje Ohma is coming off a tie for 30th at the FSU Match up and will play at the No. 3 spot in the desert. She played in the Match in the Desert at the beginning of the semester and shot an even-par 72 to finish tied for 22nd.

Ashleen Kaur fared very well in her last start in the desert, tying for sixth, and she will play out of the No. 4 position this weekend.

BaiMai Seema will get the nod at No. 5 for the second-straight event. Seema finished tied for 22nd in January at the Match in the Desert.

Yoonjeong Huh will get a second-straight start as an individual after tying for 52nd at the FSU Match Up.

Once available, complete pairings, scores and stats can be found at Golfstat.com.<https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=participants&tid=28635&x=0.0784261606055>

For more information on Baylor Women’s Golf, follow @BaylorWGolf on X, Instagram and Facebook.

—BaylorBears.com—

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications (MBB/MGOLF/ WGOLF)