No. 8 Baylor Equestrian Falls to No. 1 TCU, 14-6

Smith, Kalie Kalie_Smith1 at baylor.edu
Fri Nov 10 16:46:58 CST 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Nov. 10, 2023

No. 8 Baylor Equestrian Falls to No. 1 TCU, 14-6
After starting strong, Bears lose momentum in the second half
For more information contact: Kalie Smith, 409-351-0790, Kalie_Smith1 at baylor.edu<mailto:Kalie_Smith1 at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
BURLESON, Texas – No. 8 Baylor (1-4, 1-2) suffered a 14-6 defeat to No. 1 TCU (6-0, 3-0) at Bear Creek Farms Friday morning.

BU showed its fight early with a Fences win and two more points in Reining. The two entered the break tied, but TCU’s strong second half performance proved too difficult to overcome.

The Bears claimed Fences 3-2, their third-consecutive event win. Lauren Reid (87), Dominika Silvestri (70) and Maddie Vorhies (88) picked up points for the Bears. Reid set a new career-high with her 87-ride aboard Java. Vorhies set a new season-high on her way to a Most Outstanding Performer (MOP) nod.

Baylor dropped Reining 3-2. Sadie Peters (68) and Kalena Reynolds (70.5) added to the tally, setting up a 5-5 tie at the break. Peters’ 68-ride on Bob marks her first-career point.

Silvestri (78) scored the sole point for the Bears in Flat. Silvestri’s 78-ride marks her first Flat point of the season.

Strong Horsemanship rides from the Horned Frogs kept BU at bay.

NOTABLES

  *   Baylor moves to 25-11 against TCU all-time.
  *   BU Fences has won three consecutive meets, moving to 3-0 in conference play.
  *   Sadie Peters (Reining) collected her first-career point.
  *   Lauren Reid (Fences) set a new career-high with an 87.
  *   Kalena Reynolds (Reining) improves to 2-1 in Big 12 play.
  *   Dominika Silvestri (Flat) picked up her first point of the season.
  *   Maddie Vorhies (Fences) earned her first MOP honor of the season.

STAT OF THE MEET
3- Three Bears remain undefeated in conference play through three Big 12 matchups, including Lauren Reid (Fences), Dominika Silvestri (Fences) and Maddie Vorhies (Fences).

TOP QUOTES
Head Coach Casie Maxwell
On today’s meet…
“I’m really proud of how much confidence our team exuded today and how much pressure they put on a very tough TCU team. Our Fences squad got us off to a great start and we had a lot of excitement with being tied at the half. They never stopped fighting today and we were able to ride really mentally confident. This meet was a great demonstration of the progress we’ve made in the last month.”

WHAT’S NEXT
No. 8 Baylor (1-4, 1-2) will finish its fall season in Delaware with back-to-back meets next Friday and Saturday, Nov. 17-18, against Delaware State (0-0) and No. 10 UT Martin (1-5, 1-0), respectively.

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor equestrian, follow the team on its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorEQ.

-BaylorBears.com-

Kalie Smith | Communications Coordinator (Equestrian)