Baylor WBB Signs Kayla Nelms

Hild, Shelby Shelby_Hild at baylor.edu
Fri Nov 10 14:01:07 CST 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Nov. 10, 2023

Baylor WBB Signs Kayla Nelms
Forward is ranked in the top 50 in the 2024 class by espnW

For more information contact: Shelby Hild; 254-405-7591, Shelby_hild at baylor.edu<mailto:Shelby_hild at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor women’s basketball inked Kayla Nelms to a National Letter of Intent on Friday, head coach Nicki Collen announced.

Nelms is a 6-foot-1 forward out of Miami, Florida, and is in her senior year at Miami Country Day School and has won two state championships with the Lady Spartans. The four-star recruit is ranked No. 48 on espnW and was featured on the ESPN HoopGurlz’s Stars of the Summer list.

A participant in the Wooten Top 150 Camp, Nelms was one of 14 listed as a “Best of the Rest” performer. She was the fourth-most efficient volume scorer in the Nike EYBL.

“We are thrilled to welcome Kayla and her family to Baylor University and the women’s basketball program,” Collen said. “Kayla is a skilled power forward with the ability to score at the rim with both power and finesse as well as stretch all the way to the arc and comfortably shoot the three. She had an outstanding summer with the Miami Suns program where she showed off her efficiency and versatility on the Nike EYBL circuit.

“For her high school ball, she plays for powerhouse Miami Country Day School, so she understands the importance of a winning culture and high expectations. She fits into both who we are on the court as well as our desire to be ‘Greater Than’ off the court, in the classroom and in the community.”

To stay up to date on all things Baylor women’s basketball, follow the team on its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorWBB.

- BaylorBears<http://www.BaylorBears>.com -

--
Shelby Hild | Director of Communications (WBB, WTEN)