Baylor WBB Hires Caleb Krueger to Lead Athletics Performance Efforts

Hild, Shelby Shelby_Hild at baylor.edu
Wed Jul 5 10:16:25 CDT 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – July 5, 2023

Baylor WBB Hires Caleb Krueger to Lead Athletics Performance Efforts
Krueger joins the Bears after three seasons at North Carolina

For more information contact: Shelby Hild; 254-405-7591, shelby_hild at baylor.edu<mailto:shelby_hild at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor women’s basketball head coach Nicki Collen announced the hiring of Caleb Krueger as the program’s Director of Athletics Performance on Wednesday. Krueger joins the Bears after spending the last three seasons leading the strength and conditioning efforts for the North Carolina women’s basketball program.

“We are excited to welcome Caleb and his wife Laura to the Baylor family,” Collen said. “While his experience at North Carolina and Kansas proved his technical skills as a performance coach, it is his authentic relationships with student-athletes and coaching staffs that set him apart in the process. Our goal as a program is to give our players all the tools necessary to be successful and I look forward to seeing the many ways Caleb can impact our on-court performance.”

While at UNC, Krueger directed, designed and implemented all strength and conditioning programming for the Tar Heels. Additionally, he led all sport science efforts with UNC, including on-court load management, performance testing and athlete readiness monitoring.

Krueger arrived in Chapel Hill from the University of Kansas, where he spent two years working with both the women’s and men’s basketball programs. For the women’s team, he crafted training programs while he supported the design and execution of strength and conditioning efforts on the men’s side.

Prior to his time in Lawrence, he spent 10 months at his alma mater, Ottawa University in Ottawa, Kansas, leading and managing all aspects of the strength and conditioning programs for eight sports, including men's basketball. From 2016-18, he worked as a performance coach for Kansas City Speed and Sport.

Krueger, a native of Wakefield, Kansas, graduated cum laude from Ottawa University in 2016, majoring in exercise science and earning Dean's List honors. He competed in both basketball and track and field for the Braves. While at Kansas, Krueger completed his master’s degree in exercise science.

“Joining the Baylor women’s basketball staff is a dream come true,” Krueger said. “I couldn’t be more excited to get started with Coach Collen and company to help guide this group to excellence both on and off the court. My passion for what I do stems from building meaningful relationships that extend beyond the basketball court which is what I believe makes Baylor such a special place and a perfect fit.”

- BaylorBears<http://www.BaylorBears>.com -

--
Shelby Hild | Director of Communications (WBB, WTEN)