Baylor WT Prepped for ITA Kickoff Weekend

Hild, Shelby Shelby_Hild at baylor.edu
Thu Jan 26 12:35:14 CST 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Jan. 26, 2023

Baylor WT Prepped for ITA Kickoff Weekend
The Bears open with Loyola Marymount on Friday

For more information contact: Shelby Hild; 254-405-7591, Shelby_hild at baylor.edu<mailto:Shelby_hild at baylor.edu>

AUSTIN, Texas – The Baylor women’s tennis team is set for the ITA Kickoff Weekend, hosted by the University of Texas, Jan. 27-28.

The Bears (4-0) open with Loyola Marymount (2-1) on Friday at 2 p.m. before taking on either No. 1 Texas (3-0) or Fresno State (1-0) at 2 p.m. on Saturday.

“As a team, we’re looking to continue to build on what we’ve been doing in practice and apply it this weekend,” head coach Joey Scrivano said. “In order for us to be successful, we need to play smart and as a unified group. The competition it going to be fierce and that’s exactly what we need to keep making strides and continue to grow.”

The duo of Alina Shcherbinina and Anita Sahdiieva will look for their team-leading fourth win of the year in doubles action, and third at the No. 2 position. Paula Barañano and Daniella Dimitrov will be making their second appearance of the season at No. 1, while Isabella Harvison and Danielle Tuhten are set for No. 3 doubles.

In singles action, Shcherbinina will look to bounce back at No. 1, while Harvison goes for her third victory at No. 2. Sahdiieva and Barañano are protecting untouched records in dual play and will be playing at the No. 3 and No. 4 spots, respectively.

Dimitrov and Tuhten round out the singles lineup for the Bears, while Brooke Thompson and Lauren Littell are also set to travel to the event.

The matches are set to take place at the Texas Tennis Center, and a live video stream<https://texassports.com/sports/2018/2/8/texas-tennis-center-live-video.aspx> and live stats<http://sidearmstats.com/texas/wtennis/xlive.htm> are available for fans to follow the action.

- BaylorBears<http://www.BaylorBears>.com -

--
Shelby Hild | Director of Communications (WBB, WTEN)