Baylor Soccer Shuts Out Houston, 3-0

Gilmore, Katy Katy_Gilmore at baylor.edu
Thu Sep 1 22:27:12 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Sept. 1, 2022

Baylor Soccer Shuts Out Houston, 3-0
Three different Bears recorded a goal
For more information contact: Katy Gilmore, 254-252-2182, katy_gilmore at baylor.edu<mailto:katy_gilmore at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
HOUSTON, Texas – Baylor soccer shutout Houston, 3-0, Thursday night at Carl Lewis International Complex.

Starting off quick, the Bears capitalized in the 8th minute as freshman Hallie Augustyn netted her first career goal off of a corner kick from Gabby Mueller. Setting up another set piece in the 29th minute, Ashley Merrill found the top right of the net after connecting on a corner from Jenna Patterson. Baylor had five total corner kicks in the first half

Lauren Traywick started in goal for the Bears tonight coming up with eight saves in the game, one short of tying a career-high.

The Bears found the net again in the 62nd minute when Maddie Algya scored her first goal of the season on a cross from Patterson, who picked up her second assist in the game.

As three different bears scored in the game, six total Bears had shots on goal with Algya recording two.

Madison Martin also had time in goal tonight, picking up a key save in the 89th minute to keep the Cougars from scoring.

 HIGHLIGHTS

  *   Baylor recorded its first shutout of the season
  *   Lauren Traywick and Madison Martin combined for the shutout in goal
  *   Maddie Algya scored her first goal of the season, had a team-leading two shots on goal
  *   Hallie Augustyn scored her first career goal
  *   Jenna Patterson had two assists in the game, tying a career-high
  *   Three goals are the most the Bears have scored in a game this season
  *   Ashley Merrill netted her 34th career goal
  *   Micah Beasley recorded her first career start

TOP QUOTES
Michelle Lenard on the game …
“I’m very happy for the team to get a good win on the road. We showed some improvements tonight in key areas we are focusing on. Right now, our goal is to continue building on each game and show progress from the last game. I thought we did a good job of that today.”

- BaylorBears.com -

Katy Gilmore | Associate Director of Athletic Communications

[cidimage002.png at 01D79F3C.9D2300D0]<http://baylorbears.com/>