Baylor WTEN Hosts Final Home Tournament this Weekend

Hild, Shelby Shelby_Hild at baylor.edu
Thu Oct 27 16:42:10 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS – Oct. 27, 2022

Baylor WTEN Hosts Final Home Tournament this Weekend
Bears welcome Houston, TCU, Washington State for Baylor Invite

For more information contact: Shelby Hild; 254-405-7591, Shelby_hild at baylor.edu<mailto:Shelby_hild at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – The Baylor women’s tennis team will host its final team tune-up of the fall this weekend when Houston, TCU and Washington State come to town for the Baylor Invite, Oct. 28-30.

The Baylor Invite opens Friday with doubles beginning at 9 a.m. at the Hurd Tennis Center, with singles to follow, and a second round of doubles to close the day. In the chance of inclement weather, competition will be moved inside to the Hawkins Indoor.

Saturday’s schedule is identical to Friday’s format with a Cub Tennis event slated for 12 p.m. The three-day tournament wraps up on Sunday at 9 a.m. with doubles play, followed by a round of singles.

“We’re excited to be hosting,” head coach Joey Scrivano said. “It’s always good to play at home, and the players enjoy playing in front of their friends and the community. But ultimately, like any tournament, we’re just trying to continue to improve and focus on areas that we see in practice that need some attention, and there’s nothing better than matches to get that. So, we’re excited for this weekend.”

The Bears will have several individuals competing between doubles and singles throughout the weekend. Baylor posted strong performances in its last appearance as a group at the H-E-B Invite at the Hurd earlier this month. The Bears were led by Isabella Harvison and Paula Barañano, who each picked up ranked wins at the event.

Baylor concludes its fall season next weekend when it travels to Stillwater, Oklahoma, for the Big 12 Individual Championships.

- BaylorBears<http://www.BaylorBears>.com -

--
Shelby Hild | Director of Communications (WBB, WTEN)