No. 20 Baylor WGOLF Closes Fall Schedule in Battle at The Beach

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Thu Oct 27 15:38:06 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Oct. 27, 2022

No. 20 Baylor WGOLF Closes Fall Schedule in Battle at The Beach
BU aims to build on strong finish at the Stanford Intercollegiate
For more information contact: Matt Roberts, 254-227-2280, WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu<mailto:WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu>

CABO SAN LUCAS, Mexico – Baylor women's golf will play its final event of the fall schedule, The Battle at the Beach, beginning Friday morning at Club Campestre San Jose.

BU is making its first appearance in the event since 2018, and head coach Jay Goble is excited to take his team south of the border, once again, to close out the semester.

“This team has done a great job this fall working to get better every day,” he said. “We have not been back to this event since before COVID, but it is a great place to compete and enjoy the natural beauty of our surroundings. We are very eager to end our semester on a high note.”

Coming off a tie for seventh at the Stanford Intercollegiate, Sera Hasegawa will play at No. 1 for the first time in her Baylor career. The sophomore from Gifu, Japan, has shot par or better in five of her six rounds as Bear. Through two events, Hasegawa leads the team in total birdies (24) and below-par percentage (23.1%).

Rosie Belsham will play at No. 2 this week, fresh off her season's best finish, a tie for ninth in Stanford. The junior enters this week as the team leader in par-3 scoring average (2.93) and par-5 scoring average (4.52).

Silje Ohma has two top-25s to begin her collegiate career and will play at the No. 3 position. Last week, Ohma became the first BU freshman since Hayley Davis in 2011 to post the team’s best score in three of her first four career rounds.

BaiMai Seema will play at No. 4, making a third-straight start in the lineup for the first time in her career. Seema tied for 68th in the 100-player field in her last start at Stanford.

Britta Snyder will round out the lineup at No. 5. Snyder has posted at least one round at par or better in each of the season's first two events.

Anika Veintemilla will make the second start of her season as an individual. She tied for 68th in her first start of the season at the Schooner Fall Classic.

The tournament will begin with a shotgun start on Friday morning at 9:00 a.m. CT. The Bears will begin on hole No. 6. Live scoring will be available at Birdiefire.com.<https://m.birdiefire.com/tournament/134152/>

For more information on Baylor Women’s Golf, follow @BaylorWGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

—BaylorBears.com—

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications (MBB/MGOLF/ WGOLF/)