Baylor MT to Host ITA Texas Regional Championship

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Wed Oct 12 17:00:25 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Oct. 12, 2022

Baylor MT to Host ITA Texas Regional Championship
The Hurd opens for the first time in the 2022-23 season
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle, 940-564-0351, Colin_Pirtle1 at Baylor.edu

WACO, Texas – Baylor men’s tennis opens the courts of the Hurd Tennis Center for the first time this academic year for the ITA Division I Texas Regional Championships, held this Thursday though Tuesday. The Bears return to Waco after Finn Bass and Juan Pablo Grassi Mazzuchi finished as finalists in the All-Americans consolation doubles draw in Tulsa on Sunday.

“It’s always an honor to host the Texas Regionals,” said head coach Michael Woodson. “With Texas being one of the strongest regions, we will have such a high-quality event, both in the qualifying and main draw. It is going to be a week full of great tennis here, and to be able to do it at the premier tennis facility in the country is very special.”

Play opens on Thursday morning with the opening rounds of the qualifying draw. Two Bears, Christopher Frantzen and Justin Braverman, will have their first serves at approximately 9 a.m., followed by either the second round or consolation play in the afternoon.

The main draw commences on Friday morning with the first two rounds of doubles play, followed by the first round of singles in the afternoon.

Play continues daily until Tuesday morning, when the Texas Region will crown a new champion for the 2022-23 season.

“We are excited for our guys to test themselves against Texas’ bests here in the coming days, and we look forward to some beautiful weather and great tennis,” said Woodson.

All event information, including an up-to-date draw and results, can be found on the ITA website<https://colleges.wearecollegetennis.com/Competitions/BaylorUniversityM/Tournaments/overview/47720AC2-36A2-41AF-BAD1-84C09770C109?xd_co_f=ZTBlYWZmYjAtMWE5Mi00MGI2LWI2NjctODRiNjFiY2FjYTJi>. Live scoring and live streams will also be available online<https://baylorbears.com/news/2022/10/12/mens-tennis-ita-texas-regional-tournament-central.aspx>.

To stay up to date throughout the year on all things Baylor men’s tennis, follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @BaylorMTennis.

Colin Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (T&F, XC, MTEN, interim WBB)