Baylor WBB Announces Foreign Tour Plans

Hild, Shelby Shelby_Hild at baylor.edu
Tue Nov 22 17:21:28 CST 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Nov. 22, 2022

Baylor WBB Announces Foreign Tour Plans
Bears set to travel to Italy, Greece in August 2023

For more information contact: Shelby Hild; 254-405-7591, shelby_hild at baylor.edu<mailto:shelby_hild at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – The Baylor women’s basketball program announced its plans to embark on a foreign tour next summer, with stops in Italy and Greece on the agenda.

“We’re excited to be taking our team on a once in a lifetime trip to Italy and Greece next summer,” head coach Nicki Collen said. “There are a number of reasons why this is such an important development opportunity for our players and staff. In terms of development on the court, this provides us the chance to have more team practices and a couple of games against international opponents. We also believe this is a great opportunity for our players to learn and grow off the court as individuals in this unique cultural experience.”

While overseas, the Bears will play a pair of exhibition contests. Aside from games and touring historical landmarks, Baylor will visit the U.S. Navy base in Italy and host a basketball clinic for kids. Various stops on the tour include the Vatican, Pompeii and ancient Corinth.

The NCAA allows teams to participate in foreign tours once every four years, which includes an extra 10 days of practice time. The last tour the Bears went on was to Italy in the summer of 2018.

For information on how to give, please visit the Bear Foundation’s website<http://bearfoundation.baylorbears.com/tip-off-club.html>. To learn more information about how the donation will directly support the women’s basketball program’s trip, fans are encouraged to contact Baylor’s Director of Resource Development Donovan Burriss via email (Donovan_burriss at baylor.edu<mailto:Donovan_burriss at baylor.edu>) or phone (254-710-2516).

- BaylorBears<http://www.BaylorBears>.com -

--
Shelby Hild | Director of Communications (WBB, WTEN)