Baylor XC Readies for NCAA South Central Regional

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Thu Nov 10 16:39:02 CST 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS – Nov. 10, 2022

Baylor XC Readies for NCAA South Central Regional
The Bears head to the Dale Watts Course for the second time this season
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle; 940-564-0351, colin_pirtle1 at baylor.edu

WACO, Texas – Baylor cross country makes the trek back to Bryan-College Station for the NCAA South Central Regional Meet, set to start with the women’s 6k Friday morning at 8:30 a.m., followed by the men’s 10k at 9:30.

“We got to see a lot of these teams at the Texas A&M meet a couple of weeks ago,” second-year Baylor coach David Barnett said. “That, essentially, is a pre-regional meet. Ideally, we’d like to move up the ranks, beat a couple of the teams that maybe were ahead of us.

“Definitely want to pack up better. Our numbers 2 through 5 (runners) are all capable of running within about 20 seconds of each other on the women’s side. On the men’s side, our top three all need to be shooting to be all-region, which is top-25. I think it’s realistic for those three guys.”

Ellie Hodge looks to lead the Baylor women’s team again after finishing 24th at the Big 12 Championship. The last time Hodge ran the Texas A&M course, she set a personal-best with a 21:55.0 race. She will be joined by three other conference scorers, Sophia Leidner, Jordan Ledington and Cate Urbani, as well as Hayden Gold, who finished in the sixth spot.

Ryan Day highlights the men’s race as he runs in the lead spot for the fifth time this season in his fifth race. Ryan Hodge, Devin Duran, Drew Snyder, Noah Monroy and Ethan Wrase will all take the course again after running together at the Big 12 Championships, where they finished seventh.

The Bears will be fighting to advance to the NCAA Championships in Stillwater, Okla., hosted by Oklahoma State. The top two overall teams and the first four finishers outside of those two teams will advance. Anna West and Lindsey Bradley were the last Baylor student-athletes to compete in the NCAA Championship race in 2017, with the Baylor women’s team advancing one year prior in 2016.

The race will not be live streamed, but fans can follow along with the regional meet through the live results, provided online by Flash Results<https://www.flashresults.com/2023_Meets/xc/NCAASC/>.

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor cross country, follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @BaylorTrack.

- BaylorBears<http://www.BaylorBears>.com –

Colin Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (T&F, XC, MTEN)