Baylor Track Inks Ricquan Graham

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Wed Jul 27 13:00:02 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – July 27, 2022

Baylor Track Inks Ricquan Graham
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle, 940-564-0351, Colin_Pirtle1 at Baylor.edu

WACO, Texas – Baylor track and field added sprinter Ricquan Graham for the 2022-2023 season on Wednesday, head coach Michael Ford announced. He makes his way to Waco from Kingston, Jamaica, and the Wolmer’s Trust High School for Boys.

“I am excited to have Ricquan join our Baylor Track and Field family,” said Ford. “He is going to help us in the 100 and 200 meters, as well as the short relay. We are looking forward to this great young man being a part of our program.”

Graham marked a personal best 100-meter dash time of 10.37 seconds last month at the Jamaican Boy’s 16-19 Class One Championships. A few days later at the same meet, he set a new personal record of 20.66 in the 200 meters.

He joins the sprint group at Baylor coming of a stellar season in the short relay. The 4x100 squad of Laurenz Colbert, Isaiah Cunningham, Kamden Jackson and De’montray Callis finished fifth at the NCAA Championships with All-America honors and set a new program record at the NCAA West Regionals in Fayetteville, Ark.

For the latest news on the Baylor track and field team all year long, follow its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorTrack.

Colin Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (T&F, XC, MTEN)