Baylor Softball Adds SFA Transfer Shaylon Govan

Gilmore, Katy Katy_Gilmore at baylor.edu
Fri Jul 22 16:23:07 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – July 22, 2022

Baylor Softball Adds SFA Transfer Shaylon Govan
The junior from Katy, Texas adds depth to the Bears offense
For more information contact: Katy Gilmore, 254-252-2182, katy_gilmore at baylor.edu<mailto:katy_gilmore at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor softball adds Shaylon Govan for the 2022-23 season, head coach Glenn Moore announced on Friday.

“We are very excited to have Shaylon join our team,” Moore said. “She is a powerful hitter and has demonstrated it against some of the top teams in the country.”

Govan, a transfer from Stephen F. Austin, joins the Bears as a junior. Originally from Katy, Texas, she spent the last three seasons on the Lumberjacks’ squad, starting in 83 games and batting .409.

Starting in every game during her freshman and sophomore seasons, she notched a program record 15 home runs in her sophomore campaign. That same season, she led the team in runs (39), walks (29) and RBI (52).

For her standout 2021 season, Govan was named the Southland Conference Hitter of the Year. She also garnered NFCA First-Team All-Region honors and was a finalist for the NFCA/Schutt Freshman of the Year award.

During the shortened COVID season, she batted .406 with 26 RBI and six home runs.

For the latest news on the Baylor softball team all year long, follow its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorSoftball.

- BaylorBears.com -

Katy Gilmore | Associate Director of Athletic Communications

[cidimage002.png at 01D79F3C.9D2300D0]<http://baylorbears.com/>