Baylor Equestrian Welcomes Weisinger as Assistant Coach

Calderone, Max Max_Calderone at baylor.edu
Tue Jul 12 11:05:41 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – July 12, 2022

Baylor Equestrian Welcomes Weisinger as Assistant Coach
Former UC Davis head coach joins BUEQ staff as Horsemanship coach

WACO, Texas – Baylor equestrian head coach Casie Maxwell announced Tuesday the addition of Jessie Weisinger as the program’s Assistant Coach for Horsemanship.

Weisinger comes to Baylor after serving as the head coach at UC Davis for the past four seasons. She totaled nine wins with the Aggies as the program’s first head coach and secured the team’s first win at the Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) Championships this past season.

“I am excited to welcome Coach Weisinger back to Texas and into the Baylor Family,” Maxwell said. “It is an incredible opportunity to have someone with such a strong coaching resume and a wealth of experience as a head coach, including starting a new team, coming to join our program. I feel blessed to have Coach Weisinger lead our Horsemanship event. She is a great addition to our staff, and I know she will dive right into this position to help elevate our team quickly.”

Prior to her post at UC Davis, Weisinger coached at her alma mater, Texas A&M, as an assistant for four seasons. She led TAMU’s horsemanship squad and assisted with the reining team during her tenure from 2014-2018. During that time, the Aggies captured the 2017 NCEA Championship, becoming the first team to win the national title without the benefit of a first-round bye. Weisinger guided three student-athletes to NCEA All-Championship Horsemanship honors in 2017, including the Most Outstanding Horsemanship Rider, Avery Ellis.

“I’d like to thank Coach Maxwell and the Baylor administration for affording me this opportunity to continue coaching in my home state of Texas and allowing me to be closer to family and friends,” Weisinger said. “The past eight years at both UC Davis and Texas A&M have expanded my knowledge and allowed me to grow as a coach. I’m excited to work alongside Casie, Grace [Bridges], Jaclyn [White] and all of the outstanding young female student-athletes on the Baylor Equestrian team. Sic ‘Em, Bears!”

Weisinger mentored three first-team All-Americans, one second-team All-American and two All-America honorable mentions in Horsemanship while at Texas A&M. Additionally, she oversaw 20 head of horses for her horsemanship crew, securing the donations and leases for the Aggies. She also handled recruiting, event management and riding camps during her years in College Station.

Prior to returning to her alma mater, Weisinger spent more than three years as an assistant trainer at the Guynn Training Center in Berthoud, Colo. During that stint, she formed the Rocky Mountain Wranglers, a middle/high school team that competed in the Interscholastic Equestrian Association. The RMW placed fifth and sixth at the IEA high school championships in 2013 and 2014, respectively.

Weisinger also worked at the Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo (2007-10) and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo (2005-07) before beginning her tenure at Guynn.

Originally from Corpus Christi, the former Jessie Highfill lettered at Texas A&M from 1999 to 2002. She was one of the original members of the school’s equestrian program, as well as a member of its first national championship team in 2002. She continued to ride into her coaching career, earning the Rocky Mountain Quarter Horse Association Year-End Championship in Open Ranch Horse Pleasure in 2013. That year also saw Weisinger place in the top-15 at the American Paint Horse Association World Show, which in turn was a follow-up to her RMQHA Julie Fabrizius Memorial Rising Star Award in 2012.

Jessie is married to Jeremy Weisinger.

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor equestrian, follow the team on its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorEQ.

Max Calderone | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (BSB, FB, EQ)