Baylor Softball Takes Down Arkansas – Pine Bluff, 10-0

Gilmore, Katy Katy_Gilmore at baylor.edu
Sun Feb 13 19:37:37 CST 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Feb. 13, 2022

Baylor Softball Takes Down Arkansas – Pine Bluff, 10-0
Bears start the season 4-0 for the first time in four years
For more information contact: Katy Gilmore, 254-252-2182, katy_gilmore at baylor.edu<mailto:katy_gilmore at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
NATCHITOCHES, La. – Baylor softball took down the Golden Lions of Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 10-0, in a five-inning run-rule victory Sunday at the Lady Demon Classic. That capped off a perfect opening weekend for the Bears as they get off to a 4-0 start for the first time since 2018.

For the fourth-straight game, the Bears scored a run in the first inning, with Emily Hott drawing a leadoff walk and scoring on Aliyah Binford’s RBI fly out.

The second inning saw the most runs, as BU plated six to go up 7-0 over the Golden Lions. Rylie Bouvier got things started with a walk, followed by a single from Kaci West. Both Bouvier and West stole bases before Kendall Cross singled to center field, scoring both of them. Taylor Strain and Hott each singled in another run, as McKenzie Wilson hit a two-RBI stand-up double. Wilson eventually came around to score, extending the Bears’ lead to 7-0.

After a quiet third inning for both teams, Baylor tacked on four runs in the bottom of the fourth and sealed the deal for the run tule.

Making her first start in the circle, Kaci West tossed a one-hitter with six strikeouts in the shortened five-inning game.

The Bears totaled nine hits in just four innings, including two apiece by Bott and Wilson.

HIGHLIGHTS
⁃                      Kaci West got her first career start in the circle, only allowing one hit
⁃                      Grace Powell recorded her first career hit
⁃                      Five freshmen played in Sunday’s matchup
⁃                      Emily Hott and McKenzie Wilson each had a multi-hit game

STAT OF THE GAME
6 – Number of stolen bases on the day

TOP QUOTES
Glenn Moore on the game…
“I think we did what we were supposed to do in this tournament.  We competed well in every game and knocked off the rust.  We know the level of competition will begin to escalate starting Tuesday at SFA. We must be disciplined to not look past the next game this year.”

Katy Gilmore | Associate Director of Athletic Communications

[cidimage002.png at 01D79F3C.9D2300D0]<http://baylorbears.com/>