No. 25 Baylor WT Tops Colorado, 5-2

Pirtle, Krista Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu
Sat Feb 12 16:29:19 CST 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Feb. 12, 2022

No. 25 Baylor WT Tops Colorado, 5-2
BU records back-to-back road victories
For more information contact: Krista Pirtle, 254-447-8610, Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu<mailto:Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
BOULDER, Colo. – No. 25 Baylor women's tennis

For the sixth-straight match, the Bears secured the doubles point. Freshmen duo Alina Shcherbinina and Anita Sahdiieva took care of business on court two with a 6-1 win.

After Isabella Harvison and Paula Baranano dropped their match on court three, 3-6, it all came down to court one. The No. 2-ranked duo of Mel Krywoj and Alicia Herrero Linana fought back from down 3-5 to win the tiebreaker (7-5) and clinch the doubles point.

Only three courts were played at a time for singles which meant that Harvison, Krywoj and Herrero got things started for the Bears.

Colorado fought back to take the 2-1 lead as Herrero and Krywoj each dropped their matches. Harvison tied things up for the Bears with her 6-4, 6-3 win on court one.

Shcherbinina (6-1, 5-0 ret.) and Sahdiieva (6-3, 6-2) kept the trend going as they each picked up wins.

Baranano closed things out with a 6-4, 7-5 win.

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   BU has won the doubles point in six straight matches, improving to 6-1.
  *   No. 2 Mel Krywoj and Alicia Herrero Linana are 5-0 in doubles action this spring.
  *   Alina Shcherbinina and Paula Baranano are now 6-1 while Anita Sahdiieva improved to 5-1 in spring singles action.
  *   Isabella Harvison recorded her second-straight singles victory at the No. 1 spot.
  *   The Bears improved to 2-1 in road matches this season.

TOP QUOTE
Joey Scrivano on the match…
"Great team win. I’m proud of the way our athletes accepted the challenge of competing with tough conditions. The altitude here can be a major mental trap for any team. Our ladies took control of their mindset, decisions and intentions on the court. This weekend should add to our growing confidence. We are excited to get back home and prepare next week.”

UP NEXT
No. 25 Baylor returns home to host SMU on Friday and Mississippi State on Sunday.

www.BaylorBears.com

Krista Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications

[signature_1415018582]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>