Baylor Soccer Tops LSU in Preseason Exhibition

Gilmore, Katy Katy_Gilmore at baylor.edu
Thu Aug 11 22:11:20 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – August 11, 2022

Baylor Soccer Tops LSU in Preseason Exhibition
Bears defeat the Tigers, 3-1
For more information contact: Katy Gilmore, 254-252-2182, katy_gilmore at baylor.edu<mailto:katy_gilmore at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
WACO, Texas – Baylor soccer put on a strong show in the first exhibition of the preseason Thursday night at Betty Lou Mays Field as the Bears topped LSU, 3-1.

The Bears got off to a hot start, as they went up 3-0 in the first 45 minutes. Junior Lauren Traywick got the start in goal tonight, picking up three saves in the first half.

Getting the scoring started was defender Kayley Ables when she found the back of the net in the 16th minute. Next, fifth-year senior, Maddie Algya sends the ball into the net in the 21st minute, before freshman Annika Fredell gets in on the action, scoring in the 41st minute to put the Bears up 3-0.

The Bears battled all of the second half, but LSU scored a goal in the 86th minute. BU stopped the Tigers in their tracks after the goal and came out with the victory.

Baylor plays its final exhibition on Sunday, Aug. 14 at UTSA. Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m.

TOP QUOTES
Michell Lenard on the game …
“I was really happy with the way the girls came out today. We set our target early on, we want to be attacking-minded, we want to take chances early and even before we were scoring goals, we were taking chances. I thought we got off on the right foot, we did really well in the first half and obviously scored some fantastic goals, so I thought we put together a good 90 minutes. We also had a lot of players play good minutes off the bench. We learned some hard lessons at the end of the game about how to manage the game, but those are lessons that we need to learn now, early.”

- BaylorBears.com -

Katy Gilmore | Associate Director of Athletic Communications

[cidimage002.png at 01D79F3C.9D2300D0]<http://baylorbears.com/>