SOC Records Double Overtime Draw with Wisconsin, 0-0

Gilmore, Katy Katy_Gilmore at baylor.edu
Sun Sep 5 22:37:30 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – September 5, 2020

SOC Records Double Overtime Draw with Wisconsin, 0-0
Kooiman almost gets one past the Wisconsin goalkeeper in the 106th minute
For more information contact: Katy Gilmore, 254-252-2182, katy_gilmore at baylor.edu<mailto:katy_gilmore at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
MADISON, Wisconsin – Baylor soccer is leaving Madison with a double overtime draw to the Badgers, 0-0, Sunday night at McClimon Soccer Complex.

The Bears found their rhythm in the second half tonight with Maddie Algya recording the only shot in the first half. She finished the night with five total shots, leading the Bears.

Although Wisconsin was able to out shoot Baylor tonight, 11-8, the Bears recorded more shots on goal with four total to the Badgers two.

The Bears battled to Badgers to the end tonight forcing a double overtime where the Texans almost squeezed one by Wisconsin goalkeeper Jordyn Bloomer. A shot in the 106th minute by Elizabeth Kooiman was placed towards the bottom left of the net but was barley swatted away.

Jennifer Wandt recorded two saves tonight one coming in the 104th minute to keep the Badgers from their winning goal. She also tallied another shutout bringing her total to 35.

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   Maddie Algya had a team high five shots tonight
  *   Jennifer Wandt recorded two saves, one coming in the second overtime; Also records another shutout pushing her total to 35, the second shutout of the weekend
  *   Mackenzie Anthony, Elizabeth Kooiman, and Sarah Hornyak each recorded a shot each.

STAT OF THE GAME
4 – The number of shots on goal the Bears had tonight

TOP QUOTES
Paul Jobson on the game…
“I was really proud of our effort today against a good Wisconsin team on the road.  I thought we got better as the game progressed and had some great opportunities to win. I like the trajectory our team is on right now.”

Katy Gilmore | Associate Director of Athletic Communications

[cidimage002.png at 01D79F3C.9D2300D0]<http://baylorbears.com/>