Baylor MT Announces Relationship with Tecnifibre

Allen, Madelon Madelon_Allen at baylor.edu
Fri Oct 29 15:39:15 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – October 29, 2021

Baylor MT Announces Relationship with Tecnifibre
Bears team up with equipment provider
For more information contact: Madelon Allen, 254-252-7168, Madelon_Allen at Baylor.edu<mailto:Madelon_Allen at Baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor men’s tennis and Tecnifibre announced the formation of a new relationship on Friday.

“We are really excited to be partnering with Tecnifibre as we strive to make being a Baylor Bear synonymous with professionalism and the complete training and developmental experience,” said head coach Michael Woodson. “Tecnifibre offers some of the best racquets and string in tennis, but what really stood out was their commitment to college tennis and the players on our team. With Tecnifibre as a partner, our student-athletes can count on world-class equipment and a genuine supporter of their careers, both on and off the court.”

The relationship with Tecnifibre will complement the existing relationship the program has with Premier Tennis Plus.

“We're thrilled to be partnering with the Baylor Men's Tennis team,” said Philippe Oudshoorn, marketing manager of Tecnifibre. “Our team at Tecnifibre has great passion for college tennis and working with such an elite program like the Baylor Bears is exactly where we thrive. We're passionate in providing premium equipment tailored to maximize the performance of each player and look forward playing our part in helping Coach Woodson and his team win many more championships.”

Tecnifibre has been supporting players in their sporting experience for more than 40 years, starting from a simple premise: each player is unique, and playing with the appropriate equipment is a key factor of performance. The brand has been built on its innovations in strings to extend its expertise to rackets, balls, textiles, luggage and stringing machines. A French brand with international influence, integrated into the Lacoste group since 2017, Tecnifibre now is the partner of some of the biggest professional events around the world and has several big-name ambassadors for the brand.

The company has invested in college tennis and aspires to play a role in taking collegiate tennis to the next level.

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor men’s tennis, follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @BaylorMTennis.

Madelon Allen | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (VB, MTEN, A&T)