Baylor WT’s Herrero Linana, Krywoj Win Doubles Title

Pirtle, Krista Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu
Mon Oct 18 16:45:28 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Oct. 18, 2021

WT’s Herrero Linana, Krywoj Win Doubles Title
Senior duo punches their ticket to the ITA Fall Nationals
For more information contact: Krista Pirtle, 254-447-8610, Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu<mailto:Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
FORT WORTH, Texas – Baylor’s Alicia Herrero Linana and Mel Krywoj claimed the doubles championship at the ITA Regionals Monday afternoon at TCU. The duo becomes the first BU team to win the ITA regional doubles championship since Blaire Shankle and Elizabeth Profit did so in 2016.

Herrero Linana and Krywoj started their day with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Jasmine Adams and Lucie Devier of North Texas. The senior duo – 13th nationally in the ITA preseason rankings – then moved on to the finals as the two-seed to take on the top seeded tandem of Texas A&M’s Jayci Goldsmith and Tatiana Makarova. The Bears won in straight sets, 7-5, 7-5, over the Aggie team ranked No. 3 by the ITA preseason poll.

Between those doubles victories, Herrero Linana played in the singles finals against Kylie Collins of Texas. Collins prevailed, 6-4, 6-4.

The doubles win clinches a spot in the ITA Fall Nationals for Herrero Linana and Krywoj.

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   Alicia Herrero Linana played in three matches on the day with the doubles semifinals and finals along with the singles finals.
  *   Herrero Linana and Mel Krywoj become the first Baylor duo since 2016 to win the ITA Regional title.

TOP QUOTES
Alicia Herrero Linana on the day…
“We are so happy that we got to compete these four days here at TCU. The organization was great. We just competed and trusted the process. The team did a great job. We are so excited to keep improving. Of course, we are so excited that the spring is coming. We’re going to do amazing.”

www.BaylorBears.com

Krista Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications

[signature_1415018582]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>