Baylor SOC Drops Final Exhibition at Texas A&M

Pirtle, Krista Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu
Sun Aug 15 22:18:15 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Aug. 15, 2021

SOC Drops Final Exhibition at Texas A&M
For more information contact: Krista Pirtle, 254-447-8610, Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu<mailto:Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Baylor soccer dropped its exhibition at Texas A&M by a final score of 2-0 Sunday night at Ellis Field in College Station.

The Bears took control of the match early as they dominated in shots and corner kicks through the opening 45 minutes. The Aggies countered in the second half and netted a pair of goals in the final 20 minutes of action.

Like in the first exhibition last Thursday, all three goalkeepers saw time for BU. Jennifer Wandt got the start and played the entire opening half before Lauren Traywick and Alyssa Navarrete split time in the second.

Baylor ended the night outshooting the Aggies and got some good looks at the back of the net that didn’t fall. Sarah Hornyak nearly netted the equalizer in the second half with a scorcher from about 25 yards out that ricocheted off the crossbar.

TOP QUOTES
Paul Jobson on the game…
“We were the better team for a lot of the game. I love the fact that the second half A&M stepped up their intensity a little bit, and we matched it. That’s what you’re looking for in an exhibition – to test your team, challenge your players and see where their resilience is. At the end of the day, they got two goals on some mistakes that we made, but those are learning opportunities.”

www.BaylorBears.com

Krista Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications

[signature_775342547]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>