Baylor Equestrian Unveils 2021-22 Schedule

Calderone, Max Max_Calderone at baylor.edu
Mon Aug 2 11:51:14 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – August 2, 2021

EQ Unveils 2021-22 Schedule
Bears look to carry momentum following national semifinals appearance

WACO, Texas – Baylor equestrian released its 2021-22 schedule on Monday, as announced by fifth-year head coach Casie Maxwell.

Baylor will host six meets at home and compete in seven meets on the road, including a neutral-site, jumping seat-only bout, before postseason play begins.

“We are extremely excited to be back competing with a normal schedule this year. Last season was incredibly tough to cram our season into one semester, so we are looking forward to spreading things out and pacing ourselves this year,” said Maxwell. “Our schedule is tough, but we have a great balance of home and away opponents who will keep challenging our team all year.”

The Bears will open the year at UT Martin on Sept. 24 before coming home for consecutive home meets against Oklahoma State and Texas A&M on Oct. 8 and 15.

On Nov. 5, BU will head north to face TCU on the road, then will wrap up the fall portion of its schedule against Auburn and Fresno State on back-to-back days at home Nov. 19-20.

Following a two-month winter break, Baylor will travel to Texas A&M on Jan. 29 and meet Oklahoma State in Stillwater, Okla., on Feb. 5. The Bears then host the Horned Frogs on Feb. 12 and welcome South Carolina to the Willis Family Equestrian Center on Feb. 18.

On March 4, BU will take on the Bulldogs at their home in Fresno, Calif., before lining up for the season finale on March 5. As part of a modified doubleheader, the Bears will compete against UC Davis on the Aggies’ campus, then square off in a jumping seat-only matchup with SUNY New Paltz to round out the regular season.

TCU will host the Big 12 Championship in Burleson, Texas, on March 25-26. Then, for the first time in 15 seasons, the NCEA National Championship will be held outside of Waco, as Auburn will host the event in Ocala, Fla., on April 14-16.

Baylor is looking to carry momentum from last season’s national semifinals appearance as senior Madaline Callaway, a 2020-21 NCEA All-American (Reining, Second Team), leads an established roster that includes fellow NCEA All-American Daisy Kaufman (Reining, Second Team) and All-Big 12 selection Savannah Hemby (Fences).

Ticket information, as well as official meet times, are still to be determined.

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor equestrian, follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @BaylorEQ.

Max Calderone | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (VB, MTEN, EQ)