Baylor SB Drops Series Finale at No. 11 Oklahoma State

Pirtle, Krista Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu
Sun Apr 18 17:25:57 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – April 18, 2021

SB Drops Series Finale at No. 11 Oklahoma State
Baylor returns home to host Sam Houston on Wednesday
Media link: http://baylorbea.rs/BaylorSoftball
For more information contact: Krista Pirtle, 254-447-8610, Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu<mailto:Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
STILLWATER, Okla. – Baylor softball fell to No. 11 Oklahoma State, 11-3 (6), in Sunday’s series finale.

The Lady Bears jumped out to a 2-0 lead thanks to a two-out rally in the top of the first inning. Goose McGlaun and Emily Hott hit back-to-back singles before Zadie LaValley brought them home with a double to right field. That marked her fifth double of the season.

After retiring the Cowgirls in order in the first, Baylor had the chance to add to its lead as three-straight walks loaded the bases with two outs, but a strikeout ended the inning. Oklahoma State would go on to take the lead with a six-spot in the second.

Baylor added another run in the fourth inning when Lou Gilbert crushed her second home run of the season over the left field wall.

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   With her single in the first, Emily Hott has now reached base in 20 straight games. That ties her for ninth in program history alongside Kathy Shelton (2013).
  *   Hott went 2-for-2 at the plate, marking her fourth multi-hit game of the season and seventh of her career.
  *   With her two-RBI double in the first, Zadie LaValley leads the team with seven multi-RBI games this season.
  *   Lou Gilbert launched her second home run of the season, and third of her career.
  *   Goose McGlaun recorded her ninth multi-hit game of the season and 49th of her career.
  *   Alyssa Avalos made a spectacular diving catch in center field in the fourth inning.

STAT OF THE DAY
7 – Number of multi-RBI games for Zadie LaValley this season

TOP QUOTES
Baylor head coach Glenn Moore on the game…
“We started strong offensively and had the opportunity to pour more on leaving the bases loaded twice. But, we couldn’t squelch the offenses.  It starts in the circle, and I believe when we get healthy there we will start winning again.”

UP NEXT
Baylor returns to Waco to host Sam Houston in a midweek contest on Wednesday, April 21. First pitch is scheduled for 6 p.m.

www.BaylorBears.com

Krista Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications

[signature_1780891864]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>