Baylor A&T: No. 3 A&T Closes Out Regular Season with Victory Over No. 2 Oregon

Rhodes, Zach Zach_Rhodes at baylor.edu
Sat Apr 10 22:19:13 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – April 10, 2021

No. 3 A&T Closes Out Regular Season with Victory Over No. 2 Oregon

The Bears defeated the Ducks 287.430-283.885 inside the Ferrell Center

Media Link: https://baylorbea.rs/3bJo98U

For more information contact: 919-247-7585, Zach_Rhodes at baylor.edu

WACO, Texas — The No. 3-ranked Baylor acrobatics and tumbling team took a 287.430-283.885 victory over rival the No. 2 Oregon on Saturday night in the Ferrell Center. The Bears (4-1) earned their highest overall score of the season and avenged their earlier loss to the Ducks (2-2) in March.

Baylor ended the compulsory round leading 39.15-38.60 and ran with the lead throughout the rest of the meet.

The Bears scored two perfect 10.0 scores in the acro event as sophomore Emily Tobin was the top in both heats. Baylor took the event, 29.85-29.40.

BU continued its momentum by winning the pyramid event 29.75-29.60, while earning two 9.95 scores in the inversion and open heats.

Oregon came out on top in the toss event 28.85-29.15. Baylor earned scores of 9.70 in salto and synchronized heats, and 9.45 in the open heat.

The Bears took their biggest lead in the tumbling event, outscoring the Ducks 58.100-56.675.

In the team event, Baylor finished the night taking the 101.73-100.46 victory. This gave Baylor the overall victory 287.430-283.885.

QUOTE FROM COACH MULKEY
“Amazing, they’re ready to get back to practice. They’re taking tomorrow off, whether they want to or not. But they’re ready to get back in and get going. For me, we’re on the right trajectory, right where we need to be going into these next two weeks. So, we feel pretty good. We have a lot of work to do, but I think it’s in places that we can pinpoint and really work to improve. So, I’m excited to see what they’re going to do in the championship.”

WHAT’S NEXT
The Bears are hosting the NCATA tournament from April 22- April 23 at the Ferrell Center and will find out their opponent on Monday, April 12.
For updates on the program, follow @BaylorAcroTumb on Twitter and Instagram and @BaylorAcrobaticsandTumbling on Facebook.

Zach Rhodes | Associate Director of Athletics Communications
C: 919-247-7585 | O: 254-710-3784