No. 9 Baylor Equestrian Announces 2021 Schedule

Calderone, Max Max_Calderone at baylor.edu
Fri Nov 6 12:05:15 CST 2020

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – November 6, 2020

No. 9 EQ Announces 2021 Schedule
Bears will host Big 12 Championship and NCEA Nationals in the spring

WACO, Texas – No. 9-ranked Baylor equestrian released its 2021 schedule on Friday afternoon, announced by head coach Casie Maxwell.

Baylor will hold two meets at home and compete in five road meets, including one at a neutral site, before hosting the Big 12 Championship and NCEA National Championships.

“We cannot wait to get back into action in the spring,” Maxwell said. “After so many months of unknown and waiting, we feel like we are finally working toward something. Our team has put their focus into making the most of our practice time and preparing for the challenging schedule ahead.”

The Bears will open their season in College Station with a matchup against Texas A&M on Jan. 30, before the home opener one week later against TCU on Feb. 6.

On Feb. 13, BU will compete against an opponent yet to be determined, before resuming conference action with Fresno State on Feb. 18, hosted by TCU in Burleson.

Baylor will turn around quickly to face Oklahoma State in Waco on Feb. 20, before three straight road meets against TCU, Oklahoma State and SMU ranging from Feb. 27-March 13.

After the 2019 Big 12 Championship was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the event will return to Waco again in 2020 as the Bears will host for the fourth time in program history on March 26-27.

Then, in partnership with the City of Waco and McLennan County, Baylor will hold the NCEA National Championships at Extraco Events Center for the 15th-straight season, the third for the organization since moving to a new tournament format in 2017-18. The championship will run April 15-17, with the collegiate equestrian world converging on Waco for the weeklong event.

Baylor returns an experienced lineup that includes 2019-20 NCEA All-Americans Rachael Davis (Flat, First Team) and Maddie Vorhies (Fences, Honorable Mention). BU finished fourth in the Big 12 last season, going 5-8 with a 2-4 mark in conference play.

Ticket information, as well as official meet times are still to be determined.

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor equestrian, follow the team on Facebook (Baylor Equestrian), Twitter (@BaylorEQ) and Instagram (@BaylorEquestrian).

Max Calderone | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (VB, MTEN, EQ)