BAYLOR A&T: No. 1 A&T Opens Up 2020 with a Win at UMHB

Caton, Rachel Rachel_Caton at baylor.edu
Sat Feb 1 19:16:10 CST 2020

BAYLOR ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS – Feb. 1, 2020

NO. 1 A&T Opens Up 2020 with a Victory at UMHB
The Bears are 1-0 on the season.
For more information contact: Rachel Caton, (254) 652-2061, Rachel_Caton at baylor.edu<mailto:Rachel_Caton at baylor.edu>

BELTON, Texas – The No.1-ranked Baylor acrobatics and tumbling team opened up the 2020 season with a 266.305-225.655 victory at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor on Saturday evening at the Mayborn Campus Center.

On the meet, head coach Felecia Mulkey said, “We had some uncharacteristic mistakes, but it was good for our freshmen to get their first meet under their belt and we will work on improving this week as we get ready for a great meet in South Carolina next weekend.”

After scoring 36.55 in compulsory, the Bears opened up a big lead on the Crusaders after a 29.95 round in event two, just .05 off their start value for the event of 30.00. The high score of the acro for the Bears was a 9.90 in seven element. They led 65.80 to 54.05 heading into pyramid.

In event three the Bears scored 28.95 out of a total of 30.00 to take a 94.75 to 76.15 lead into the break.

The Bears kept things going in event four, where they scored 26.50 out of 29.2 possible points, with an event-high score of 8.70 in the open heat.

Entering the tumbling event, the Bears led the Crusaders, 121.25 to 99.10.

In tumbling, the Bears scored 54.625 out of 59.35 possible points, led by a score of 9.875 out of 10.00 in 6 element. The Bears entered the team event with a score of 175.875 to UMHB’s 142.275.

The Bears finished things off with a score of 90.43 in the team event to finish with a total score of 266.305.

The Bears were the first competitors for UMHB in acrobatics and tumbling as today was the first meet in program history for the Crusaders. Baylor acrobatics & tumbling alum Courtney Pate is the head coach for the upstart Crusaders.

The Bears return to action on Sunday, Feb. 9 at 3 p.m. CT when they travel to Limestone College for a meet in Gaffney, SC.

-baylorbears.com-

Rachel Caton | Associate Sports Information Director

[cid:image001.png at 01D5070F.1E7C3CA0]<http://baylorbears.com/>