Baylor XC Heads to Fayetteville for NCAA South Central Regional

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Thu Nov 14 11:46:04 CST 2019

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – November 14, 2019

Baylor XC Heads to Fayetteville for NCAA South Central Regional
Women’s 6K begins Friday at 11 a.m. CT, followed by the men’s 10K at noon CT.

For more information contact: Kellen Coleman, 254-749-6507, Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu<mailto:Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu>

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – After hosting the Big 12 Championship, Baylor cross country hits the road for the 2019 NCAA South Central Regional Championships Friday at Agri Park at the University of Arkansas.
“I really want to better our performance from conference,” associate head coach Jon Capron said. “I think the field lends itself a little bit more to doing that. There will be more competition top to bottom. It won’t be so compact. I think just the way the race lays out with the larger field will help those athletes move through the pack a lot better.”

Coming into the race, the Baylor women’s team is ranked eighth in the region, while the men’s team looks to move into the rankings with its performance at regionals.

“The guys will have two more K to do it, so I think that will really help them,” Capron said.  “The ladies have gotten a lot more confidence just in racing, and I think having raced this course before and racing the people that will be here before will help grow their confidence and help make them a little more brave.

Lindsay Walton, Celia Holmes, Gabby Satterlee, Sarah Antrich, Sophia Leidner, Hana Marsheck and Mazie Larsen will be competing for the women’s team, while TJ Sugg, Connor Laktasic, Ryan Day, Ryan Hodge, Cal Johnston, Matt Henderson and Philip Roxas will be representing the men’s team.

“I’d like to better our rankings going in,” Capron said. “Our girls are eighth. I’d be a lot happier if we were top five. That may take a heck of a race, but we’re capable. On the guys’ side, top 10 would be doing something I think. We’re capable. I’d just like everyone to better their conference performance.”

The women’s 6,000-meter race will get things going at 11 a.m. CT, followed by the men’s 10,000-meter race at 12 p.m. CT. Live results will be provided by FlashResults.com at https://flashresults.com/2020_Meets/xc/NCAASC/.

For updates on Baylor cross country throughout the season, follow @BaylorTrack on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

 [/var/folders/pf/02zg9swd0fz7qy7f5nkl4mymsr0bxx/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage004.png at 01D50713.9CE40560] <http://baylorbears.com/>