Baylor XC Hosts Big 12 Championship at Cottonwood Creek

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Fri Nov 1 11:07:39 CDT 2019

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – November 1, 2019

Baylor XC Hosts Big 12 Championship at Cottonwood Creek
Men’s 8K begins at 10 a.m. CT, followed by women’s 6K at 11 a.m. CT.

For more information contact: Kellen Coleman, 254-749-6507, Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu<mailto:Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – For the first time since 2013, Baylor cross country will host the Big 12 Cross Country Championship Saturday morning at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course.

“It’s a neat opportunity,” associate head coach Jon Capron said. “We want to get in on the excitement that’s rolling around campus. What a fun week, right? What a neat opportunity to have these kids get to race one of their best meets of the year right here at home. It’s a neat thing.”

With four men’s teams in the top six of their respective regions and five women’s teams in the top seven (including Baylor), the 2019 conference championship will be a showcase of quality teams in preparation for regionals in two weeks.

“We should be fighting right in the middle,” Capron said. “There are some stretch goals we have to kind of get up a little higher than the middle. The ladies have a really good opportunity. There are a few more opportunities for them. The guys’ field is a little deeper, and the teams that are up there are up there. We want to belong. We want to go in there and fight and see what we can do with a home-course advantage.”

Baylor has yet to run a race in 2019 with every member of the team in action, but Saturday looks to be the first time with the Bears at or near full strength.

“That’s what I’m most excited about,” Capron said. “We haven’t had a meet this year where everybody’s been ready to go. I think we’ve got everybody going, and I’m really excited to see what that means.”

The men’s 8K will get things started at 10 a.m. CT, followed by the women’s 6K at 11 a.m. CT. Live results can be followed at http://results.deltatiming.com/xc/2019-big-12-xc-championships.

For updates on Baylor cross country throughout the season, follow @BaylorTrack on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

 [/var/folders/pf/02zg9swd0fz7qy7f5nkl4mymsr0bxx/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage004.png at 01D50713.9CE40560] <http://baylorbears.com/>