Baylor Athletics, Whataburger Serve McLane Children’s Hospital with 14th Annual Care Bear Drive

Robarts, Kyle Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu
Fri Dec 6 10:46:16 CST 2019

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – December 6, 2019

Baylor Athletics, Whataburger Serve McLane Children’s Hospital with 14th Annual Care Bear Drive
More than 250 teddy bears collected for patients in Temple
For more information contact: Kyle Robarts, 254-405-9492, Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu<mailto:Kyle_Robarts at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – For the 14th consecutive year, the Baylor University athletics department and Whataburger teamed up for a Care Bear Drive, serving patients at McLane Children’s Hospital in Temple.

Fans donated teddy bears at the Baylor women’s basketball game vs. South Florida Nov. 19 at halftime by tossing bears onto the court in a continued tradition. After the collection of 250 bears were made, 30 Baylor student-athletes, staff and Whataburger staff delivered the bears to the Temple hospital.

“Whataburger always enjoys helping the community we live and work in, but we especially love our partnership with the Baylor Lady Bears basketball team,” said Whataburger Waco Area Manager Maurice Moorman. “We love assisting with the teddy bear drive each year, and it is heartwarming to be able to deliver the bears to kids who really need them the most.”

www.BaylorBears.com

Kyle Robarts | Associate Director, Athletics Communications (WBB, WTEN)

[cid:image001.png at 01D5070F.1E7C3CA0]<http://baylorbears.com/>