No. 12 Baylor WGOLF Returns to Action at the Mason Rudolph Championship

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Thu Sep 21 09:45:00 CDT 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Sept. 21, 2023

No. 12 Baylor WGOLF Returns to Action at the Mason Rudolph Championship
BU makes its first appearance in Tennessee tournament since 2016
For more information contact: Matt Roberts, 254-227-2280, WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu<mailto:WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu>

FRANKLIN, Tenn – Baylor women’s golf will face another strong field when it opens play at the Mason Rudolph Championship Friday morning at the Legends Club.

The Bears are one of seven ranked squads in the field this week. After opening the season at the very difficult Annika Intercollegiate, head coach Jay Goble is ready to see his team handle another strong test in Franklin this weekend.

“We are excited to get to the Mason Rudolph Championship and test ourselves against another good field,” Goble said. “I am looking forward to watching a couple of our talented freshmen, Ashleen [Kaur] and Yoonjeong [Huh], compete against these teams alongside our three All-Americans in Rosie [Belsham], Sera [Hasegawa] and Silje [Ohma].”

Fresh off an impressive debut at the Annikia Intercollegiate, Kaur will play at No. 1 this week. Kaur began her collegiate career with an opening-round 68 last time out at Royal Golf Club.

Fellow freshman Huh will make her collegiate debut at the No. 2 spot.

Hasegawa will play at No. 3 this week on the heels of a tie for 52nd at the Annika Intercollegiate.

Belsham will play at No. 4 this week. Belsham recorded a tie for 38th in the season opener in Minnesota but tied for the team lead with 32 pars.

Ohma will round out the lineup at the No. 5 spot. Silje finished tied for 43rd but improved her score each round, highlighted by a final-round 72.

The Bears will play alongside No. 9 Auburn and UT-Chattanooga beginning at 9:14 a.m. CT on No. 10. Once available, full pairings, scores and stats can be found at Golfstat.com.<https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=participants&tid=28167>

For more information on Baylor Women’s Golf, follow @BaylorWGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

—BaylorBears.com—

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications (MBB/MGOLF/ WGOLF)