Baylor XC Announces 2023 Schedule

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Mon Aug 7 09:34:33 CDT 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Aug. 7, 2023

Baylor XC Announces 2023 Schedule
Bears open season in San Antonio
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle; 940-564-0351, colin_pirtle1 at baylor.edu<mailto:colin_pirtle1 at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor cross country released its seven-meet schedule for the 2023 season on Monday morning.

“I’m excited for the upcoming cross country season,” said head cross country coach David Barnett. “This last track season had several big moments, and we’re looking to see continued momentum heading into this cross country season. We have several quality returners, as well as several newcomers that I’m looking forward to watching compete.”

A short trip to Alamo City opens the season for BU at the UIW Twilight at the Classics Elite Soccer Complex in San Antonio on Sept. 1.

After one week off, the Bears travel down Highway 6 for the first of two times this season for the Texas A&M Invitational on Sept. 15 before closing out the month in Columbia, Mo., at the Gans Creek Classic on Sept. 29. October opens with the second trip to Bryan-College Station for the Arturo Barrios Invitational to close the regular season on the 13th.

The cross country postseason begins at the Big 12 Championships at Iowa State on Oct. 28. Fayetteville, Ark., plays host for the NCAA South Central Regional on Nov. 10, as the Bears fight for a spot at the NCAA Championships, hosted Nov. 18 at the University of Virginia.

For the latest news on the Baylor cross country team all year long, follow its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorTrack.

2023 Baylor Cross Country Schedule

Sept. 1                  UIW Twilight (San Antonio, Texas)

Sept. 15                Texas A&M Invitational (Bryan-College Station, Texas)

Sept. 29                Gans Creek Classic (Columbia, Mo.)

Oct. 13                  Arturo Barrios Invitational (Bryan-College Station, Texas)

Oct. 28                  Big 12 Championship (Ames, Iowa)

Nov. 11                 NCAA South Central Regional (Fayetteville, Ark.)

Nov. 19                 NCAA Championships (Charlottesville, Va.)

- BaylorBears.com -

Colin Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (T&F/XC, MTEN, FB)