Baylor WGOLF Selected as No. 3 Seed in Stillwater Regional

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Wed Apr 27 17:29:32 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – April 27, 2022
Baylor WGOLF Selected as No. 3 Seed in Stillwater Regional
BU won the Cowgirl Classic in their last trip to Karsten Creek Golf Club
For more information contact: Matt Roberts, 254-227-2280, WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu<mailto:WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu>
WACO, Texas – Baylor women's golf earned the No. 3 seed at the NCAA Stillwater Regional during the 2022 NCAA Women's Golf Selection Show on Golf Channel Wednesday afternoon. The three-day tournament will be played May 9-11 at Oklahoma State’s Karsten Creek Golf Club.
“It's a great championship golf course, and we do have good vibes from the place,” Head Coach Jay Goble said. “We've had success there. In 2018, we finished in the top eight at the National Championship, and then we won an event out there in the fall of 2020 that was hosted by Oklahoma State.”

The Bears will be appearing in an NCAA Tournament for the ninth time out of ten possible tournaments during head coach Jay Goble’s tenure. BU was a No. 3 seed in the Baton Rouge regional in 2021. This marks the 19th NCAA Regional berth in program history, all since 2000.

Oklahoma State will host the 54-hole tournament on a par-72, 6,303-yard course at Karsten Creek. For the first time, the top four teams at each of the six Regional sites will advance to the 2022 NCAA Championship, as opposed to the top-six teams in four regionals making it in year’s past.
“Some people are kind of intimidated by Karsten Creek,” Goble said. “I think our team actually embraces the challenge of that place, which is more than half the battle.”
Baylor has advanced through Regionals to the NCAA Championship in four of the last six tournaments, earning Championship berths in 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2021, recording top-10 national finishes in ’15, ’17 and ’18. Baylor advanced to match play and finished as national runner-up in 2015 at The Concession; the Bears again advanced to match play and finished tied for fifth place in 2017 at Rich Harvest Farms; and BU fell in a playoff for the final match play berth on its way to a tie for eighth place in the 2018 NCAA Championship at Karsten Creek.

The Stillwater Regional features a 12-team field – No. 1 seed Oklahoma State, No. 2 Arizona State, No. 3 Baylor, No. 4 Auburn, No. 5 Michigan State, No. 6 Clemson, No. 7 Campbell, No. 8 Furman, No. 9 North Carolina State, No. 10 California, No. 11 Tulane and No. 12 Illinois State.

Baylor has faced nine teams in the Stillwater Regional during the 2021-22 season, going a combined 10-5-1 against those opponents – OSU (1-1-1), Arizona State (0-3), Auburn (2-1), Michigan State (1-0), Clemson (1-0), Furman (2-0), North Carolina State (1-0), California (1-0) and Tulane (1-0).

Baylor is coming off a tie for second at the Big 12 Championship, where grad transfer Addie Baggarly and sophomore Rosie Belsham finished second and seventh, respectively, garnering All-Tournament honors. With 138 career rounds,Gurleen Kaur is second in program history and will set a new record with three rounds in Stillwater.

Live scoring will be available for each round in the NCAA Division I Women's Golf Tournament at www.Golfstat.com<http://www.Golfstat.com>. Follow @BaylorWGolf Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for updates throughout the season.

www.BaylorBears.com<http://www.BaylorBears.com>

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications (MGOLF/ WGOLF/ FOOTBALL/ MBB)

 [cid:image003.png at 01D7D346.D6F76D30]